The Student Room Group

What actual benefit from lunar landing?

This may be an ignorant comment, but I reckon the best thing to come from putting a man on the moon . . . is the film Apollo 13.

FB_IMG_1626795409570.jpg
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Ok, nice pics from Hubble but the Cold War ego race only speeded up a bit what would have happened anyway . . . Does moon rock tell us anything useful?
Reply 3
Can anyone please remind me who starred in the film? T.hanks
There may have been some benefits as mentioned above, but I don't think they were cost efficient in the slightest. Manned space flight in general is a tremendous waste of money. Getting men on the moon was an ego thing just to be the first to do it. The subsequent moon landings had even less point. NASA burned a lot of US money over the decades which could have been much better used.
Original post by NJA
This may be an ignorant comment, but I reckon the best thing to come from putting a man on the moon . . . is the film Apollo 13.

Apollo 13 never lunar landed but got home safely. Hopefully the reverse happens for Jeff
Original post by NJA
Can anyone please remind me who starred in the film? T.hanks

Google exists, use it.
Reply 7
Original post by DiddyDec
Google exists, use it.

It was a joke, you missed it
Reply 8
Why did Jeff Bezos get divorced?

A: he needed more space
It's full of natural resources, some that are rare on earth and are extremely hard and expensive to obtain. Therefore, sourcing from the moon could be more cost effective in the future.
Since we rob Earth of more than it can give to us in terms of these resources, it's time to move onto the next untouched planet. Kind of like the relationship between a man and a woman lol

Quick Reply

Latest