The Student Room Group

Contemplating on Ual and Goldsmiths

I accepted film and tv production at Ual as my first option along with media studies at the University of Kent as insurance. I was wondering if I should go through clearing to study Media and communications at goldsmiths instead and I would like to see the opinions of others about this.
Hi there @Jojo231

I'm glad to hear that you chose Kent as one of your options :smile: Media Studies is one of the most popular courses. It's delivered through a good mix of academic and technical/hands-on modules so you won't get bored! There is also a ton of societies and opportunities to get involved and get extra skills and experience added to your CV.

If you decide to go with Kent, then you will be based in Canterbury which is a lovely and lively medieval city. I moved here 3 years ago and I'm still discovering new places and things to do! It's filled to the brim with bars, pubs, restaurants and there are plenty of options for activities.

If there is anything I can help you with - let me know either here or drop me a DM. I'd be happy to answer any questions and/or get you in touch with some Media Studies students or lecturers if you'd like to chat with them about what you can expect. :smile:

- Agnes
Hey @Jojo231! Congrats on accepting your place on our Film and TV Production course here at UAL.

If you're also looking at Media Communications as an option, we also offer that course at the same campus at London College of Communication. Not sure if you know this but we're the number 2 Arts School in the world and the courses you're contemplating really immerse you in the careers they lead to, especially considering you'll be studying in the heart of London!

There are still places available via clearing on our Media Communications course, but the Film and TV Production course is a great choice too! If you want to know more about Media Comms at UAL, let me know as I have just completed the course! You can also find out more on the course page.

Best of luck in your choices!

- Ifan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending