The Student Room Group

what degree/ career can i do?

what degree can i do?
i am going to do:
biology
english
art.

I believe I can do architecture as some university such as Birmingham city as it generally requires bio English and art for architecture.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Hehejsm
what degree can i do?
i am going to do:
biology
english
art.

i am looking to do either a degree in the med side or engineering(architecture).

FOr medicine see this thread:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5611422

You would not meet the entry criteria for most medical schools, so I would not recommend that combination for that purpose. You should aim to take a second science/maths subject if you plan to apply for medicine; A-level Chemistry would give you the most options.

Engineering and architecture are separate subjects (and largely unrelated). Without A-level Maths and A-level Physics you would not meet the entry criteria for most engineering degrees, however you may be able to apply to them through a foundation year.

Your subjects are fine for most architecture courses, although you will need to develop a creative portfolio for many.

Outside of those subjects your combination would likely be very good background for courses in anthropology, archaeology, or some human sciences degrees. It would also be a reasonable background for most psychology courses.

Beyond that any subject which has no specific entry requirements in terms of subjects (most social sciences and humanities subjects) you would be fine applying to.

Without A-level Chemistry your options for bioscience degrees would be limited, but many are available with a foundation year and so you could still apply to those.

Quick Reply

Latest