The Student Room Group

Reusing Personal Statement

Hi

I hope everyone is having a lovely summer break. I will be reapplying to uni this year for 2022 entry and I was wondering if you are allowed to reuse your PS. I will be changing some parts of it but was hoping to use the bulk of what I wrote last year seeing as it allowed me to obtain several interviews at different dental schools.

Has anyone reuse a personal statement before and been successful in securing interviews again?

Furthermore, seeing as I am thinking of reapplying to some of the same unis I applied to last year, do you think it will look bad if I resubmit a similar personal statement to that uni again?
Original post by DrSmile
Hi

I hope everyone is having a lovely summer break. I will be reapplying to uni this year for 2022 entry and I was wondering if you are allowed to reuse your PS. I will be changing some parts of it but was hoping to use the bulk of what I wrote last year seeing as it allowed me to obtain several interviews at different dental schools.

Has anyone reuse a personal statement before and been successful in securing interviews again?

Furthermore, seeing as I am thinking of reapplying to some of the same unis I applied to last year, do you think it will look bad if I resubmit a similar personal statement to that uni again?

Yes you can reuse your PS, as long as you make it relevant to now and update it. I doubt a uni will remember your application and they will know that people's opportunities will have been reduced

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending