The Student Room Group

UCAS Applicatiom

Hello, I am reapplying to unis this month. I want to use the same personal statement as last year but I also want to include some new activities that i have completed so far and also inform unis on how I plan on spending my gap year. I wanted to include those things in my reference but my old school will not allow me to contact my teachers as they want me to reuse my reference from this year. What can I do in this situation?
Contact the teacher directly?
Original post by pigeonwarrior
Hello, I am reapplying to unis this month. I want to use the same personal statement as last year but I also want to include some new activities that i have completed so far and also inform unis on how I plan on spending my gap year. I wanted to include those things in my reference but my old school will not allow me to contact my teachers as they want me to reuse my reference from this year. What can I do in this situation?

Given UCAS have restructured the reference into 3 sections they’re not going to be able to reuse it directly
Original post by Admit-One
Contact the teacher directly?

I did and they kept saying they will just reuse my references from last year and deffo won't change them at all :frown:
Original post by PQ
Given UCAS have restructured the reference into 3 sections they’re not going to be able to reuse it directly

Basically I did my AL's this year and am resitting but I'm not resitting with my school, I am resitting with another exam centre for private candidates. My teacher said she will give me a buzzword to use to attach my references onto my UCAS application, and as I'm not a student at my old school anymore they won't change the references
Basically I did my AL's this year and am resitting but I'm not resitting with my school, I am resitting with another exam centre for private candidates. My teacher said she will give me a buzzword to use to attach my references onto my UCAS application, and as I'm not a student at my old school anymore they won't change the references

I understand what you’re saying. That doesn’t change the fact that ucas have restructured the reference this year so it won’t make sense for the school to reuse the old reference
Maybe find a way to incorporate the extra bits into your PS.
Original post by PQ
I understand what you’re saying. That doesn’t change the fact that ucas have restructured the reference this year so it won’t make sense for the school to reuse the old reference

Ahh ok I shall point this out to them!
Maybe find a way to incorporate the extra bits into your PS.

There is no space :frown:
There is no space :frown:

Then you're gonig to need to priotitise the most relevant stuff. A PS that max's out the character limit is not fun to read.

Remove anything about soft skills and any listed achievement/activity where you haven't talked about it in decent depth.
Then you're gonig to need to priotitise the most relevant stuff. A PS that max's out the character limit is not fun to read.

Remove anything about soft skills and any listed achievement/activity where you haven't talked about it in decent depth.

Will do!
Thank you so much everyone for your help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending