The Student Room Group

University of Birmingham A100 2022 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TCL
Have they released information about the UCAT bands for the 2021/22 cycle? The bands on their website are just for guidance, so the cut off probably wasn't 2900 but could have been higher or lower.

I just assumed that they wouldn’t move down but that might be the case
Original post by MedApplicant1707
I think it was a bit lower as I’m non contextual but got an interview with 7.611 (full GCSE points but UCAT was in the second band)

Did / do you go to a non selective state school? As that gives contextual points at Birmingham.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Medpapa
Did / do you go to a non selective state school? As that gives contextual points at Birmingham.

I do but it isn’t listed on their list of contextual schools. My friend who’s at a private school also got an interview with identical stats as me.
Original post by MedApplicant1707
I do but it isn’t listed on their list of contextual schools. My friend who’s at a private school also got an interview with identical stats as me.

Thanks that’s worth knowing.
I was going to advise non contextual applicants to currently avoid Birmingham med school.
Original post by Medpapa
I was going to advise non contextual applicants to currently avoid Birmingham med school.

I got an interview and offer and I am at a grammar school.
Reply 2205
Original post by Medpapa

Birmingham were very good at providing previous cut off information last year, hopefully they will do the same again. You seem to need almost perfect stats as a non contextual applicant at Birmingham.
Original post by TCL
Birmingham were very good at providing previous cut off information last year, hopefully they will do the same again. You seem to need almost perfect stats as a non contextual applicant at Birmingham.

That’s what we thought and hence why we avoided Brum.
They were so generous with who got contextual flags that if you didn’t get them you were at a huge disadvantage this high scoring year.
Reply 2207
I got an offer with 7.611 (non contextual) - UKAT 2870 and full points for GCSE.
Hi, did any international applicants receive the CAS statement for visa application?
Hi. Can anyone help me with this please.
I haven't yet chosen which Uni I'd like to attend as my deadline is mid July. The health and immunisation form deadline was last Thursday and and I didn't receive an email about it so I didn't fill it in. Will this affect my offer conditions? I am now worried since I missed the deadline to fill them in. I haven't yet firmed the University.

@A_J_B
@GANFYD
Reply 2210
Original post by alorgat109
Hi. Can anyone help me with this please.
I haven't yet chosen which Uni I'd like to attend as my deadline is mid July. The health and immunisation form deadline was last Thursday and and I didn't receive an email about it so I didn't fill it in. Will this affect my offer conditions? I am now worried since I missed the deadline to fill them in. I haven't yet firmed the University.

@A_J_B
@GANFYD

Probably worth emailing them mentioning that you never received an email (admin mistakes do happen, but have you checked your spam/junk folder?)
I wouldn't worry about it too much at this point as long as you look into it ASAP
Reminder

For your own safety and that of others, do not post or request links to off site chat groups.

Keep all posts within Community Guidelines

Wilykit
Original post by the mumivator
I have already!!! - but that didn't influence us. We went with a fully open mind (maybe not actually as my daughter thought it was gonna be B'ham). So that offer day changed everything! My daughter is so excited and can't wait to start and I fully get her decision. Just need the stethoscope now....where on earth do you get one of those from?

I'm thrilled to hear that your daughter is excited about her upcoming journey, especially after the surprise on offer day! It's wonderful that you approached the decision with an open mind. As for the stethoscope, you can find them at medical supply stores, online retailers, or even at your local university bookstore.
Original post by angelabrown2
I'm thrilled to hear that your daughter is excited about her upcoming journey, especially after the surprise on offer day! It's wonderful that you approached the decision with an open mind. As for the stethoscope, you can find them at medical supply stores, online retailers, or even at your local university bookstore.
I haven't been back on here for ages but just saw you commented on an old post I made. Funny thing is she is a year and half in to her course and still doesn't have a stethoscope :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending