The Student Room Group

Revision- help me !!!!!

I have my Year 11 mocks in October- I have not revised all summer, if I revise 1 month before but I revise everyday for 2-3 hours, would that be enough to achieve grade 7's and above?
Original post by imaanali15
I have my Year 11 mocks in October- I have not revised all summer, if I revise 1 month before but I revise everyday for 2-3 hours, would that be enough to achieve grade 7's and above?

honestly it depends on how much of a quick learner you are and how effective your revision is. it also depends on the difficulty level of your mocks. 2-3 hours for a school day sounds fine to me but on weekends maybe try studying for longer obviously with breaks in between.
Original post by amtulsab_x
honestly it depends on how much of a quick learner you are and how effective your revision is. it also depends on the difficulty level of your mocks. 2-3 hours for a school day sounds fine to me but on weekends maybe try studying for longer obviously with breaks in between.

Thanks, I revised 1 week before my end of year mocks in year 10 which were at the beginning of the year and achieved a grade 7 in all subjects, except for an 8 in maths and history so I am really optimistic, however I'm also aware there is more content to cover in year 11 and with topics covered in lockdown I need to work hard. Good luck with your mocks tho!
Thanks, I revised 1 week before my end of year mocks in year 10 which were at the beginning of the year and achieved a grade 7 in all subjects, except for an 8 in maths and history so I am really optimistic, however I'm also aware there is more content to cover in year 11 and with topics covered in lockdown I need to work hard. Good luck with your mocks tho!

wow. you seem great at studies. im a slow learner who has a 'small' disability aswell. i started revising for my yr 10 mocks 2 weeks before my exams and that was not enough time for me. recieved mostly 5s with a few 7s and then 4 in spanish (again im doing foundation :frown:). idek when my mocks are but i hope i do well in them
Original post by amtulsab_x
wow. you seem great at studies. im a slow learner who has a 'small' disability aswell. i started revising for my yr 10 mocks 2 weeks before my exams and that was not enough time for me. recieved mostly 5s with a few 7s and then 4 in spanish (again im doing foundation :frown:). idek when my mocks are but i hope i do well in them

Well if you begin revising in September and focus on weaker subjects then you surely can achieve higher. I am aiming for 7's and and above, especially since these grades go towards college applications. What about you?
Well if you begin revising in September and focus on weaker subjects then you surely can achieve higher. I am aiming for 7's and and above, especially since these grades go towards college applications. What about you?

yes. I already had 3 tests even though its just my second day of school. now that I'm over with them I'm trying to revise for all subjects specially the ones I'm weak at. if I move up to higher than I aim for a 6 in Spanish(only if I move up to higher) than the rest 7s and then perhaps 3 9's in science
Reply 6
Personally I would aim higher. If you achieved all 7s in year 10 without much effort, there’s no reason you can’t get all 8s and 9s if you work hard.

If your mocks are in October, I’d start revising now. Do 2.5 hours of homework and revision on school nights and then 6 hours over the weekend.

Quick Reply

Latest