Watch
Anya_94
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Daisy7714)
Hey,

Random question but your on bolt assessment day is separate from the day where you go up and do the fitness and health checks? As obviously I’m assuming you’ll have to get your test results and then they’ll move you forward and invite you to another in person day with the fitness/health checks?
It is indeed separate. The medical and fitness would be done only after passing the bolt on.
TheCountryDoctor
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey,

Random question but your on bolt assessment day is separate from the day where you go up and do the fitness and health checks? As obviously I’m assuming you’ll have to get your test results and then they’ll move you forward and invite you to another in person day with the fitness/health checks?
Hey!
So nobody has confirmed this per se, however in the letter I received inviting me to the assessment, it didn't mention anything about the fitness test.
I really hope not anyway...otherwise I'll be doing my bleep test in heels and a nice pair of trousers 😅😅😅
Daisy7714
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Haha, I hope not for your sake🤣. I think you may possibly need the offer of employment pretty much everything but final vetting before hand. As obviously you get assessed by the nurses and everything don’t you, so I’m assuming that’s when you get the results and you choose another day to go up once you’ve passed!

Good luck to everyone with all your different test/days coming up!
TheCountryDoctor
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Haha, I hope not for your sake🤣. I think you may possibly need the offer of employment pretty much everything but final vetting before hand. As obviously you get assessed by the nurses and everything don’t you, so I’m assuming that’s when you get the results and you choose another day to go up once you’ve passed!

Good luck to everyone with all your different test/days coming up!
Yes that's what I'm thinking!
Good luck to you too!! And to everybody else of course 🙏🙏
princxsspxach
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anya_94)
Mine took a week but I did not officially received an email that I had passed.

Once I have done the test my portal status was blank, no information at all. After about a week the status changed with something along the lines of "we will be in touch shortly for next steps".
I called recruitment and confirmed me it was indeed passed so have a look at the portal for any change, it might be the same for you
Ahhh thank you! My portal is blank too and it honestly worried me that something had gone wrong with submitting it or something like that hahaha. I completed it about a week ago so I'll be sure to keep an eye on my portal for any changes then!
Elsoylemez
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey!

I did my vrt about 2 weeks ago now and my portal changed to “we will be in touch regarding the next steps…” a week ago and I confirmed with recruitment that I did pass my vrt but I am yet to receive an invite to attend the detective bolt on assessment. Does anyone know how long it takes between doing your vrt and getting an email inviting you to book a date for the bolt on?
one_two_three
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It is important to note that no two timelines are the same so there is no need to worry yourselves and compare to others.
Anya_94
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Elsoylemez)
Hey!

I did my vrt about 2 weeks ago now and my portal changed to “we will be in touch regarding the next steps…” a week ago and I confirmed with recruitment that I did pass my vrt but I am yet to receive an invite to attend the detective bolt on assessment. Does anyone know how long it takes between doing your vrt and getting an email inviting you to book a date for the bolt on?
Times vary for everyone. It's all about when there is availability to place people doing assessments. It is important to remember the amount of applicants that might be starting the process every day so they try to group strategically according to numbers and availabilities for their staff to assess. Patience is key. Trust me, as detective you need loads!
brandon1596
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I completed my assessment last week just waiting for a response
brandon1596
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey!

I did my vrt about 2 weeks ago now and my portal changed to “we will be in touch regarding the next steps…” a week ago and I confirmed with recruitment that I did pass my vrt but I am yet to receive an invite to attend the detective bolt on assessment. Does anyone know how long it takes between doing your is vrt and getting an email inviting you to book a date for the bolt on?
Is the vrt what you do after the assessment centre tests ?
Submarine94
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by brandon1596)
No you do the VRT first and if you pass that, then you get invited to the assessment (Detective Bolt On Assessment)
Elsoylemez
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Heyy, yeah the vrt is the next step after the online assessment centre then if you pass the vrt you get invited to the in person detective bolt on assessment!!
brandon1596
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Heyy, yeah the vrt is the next step after the online assessment centre then if you pass the vrt you get invited to the in person detective bolt on assessment!!
What does the detective bolt on assessment involve ? Also how you pass that
Anya_94
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What does the detective bolt on assessment involve ? Also how you pass that
It is an assessment on your skills to see if you are suited for the role. It is not possible to disclose more details as part of the confidentiality agreement.

If you are going through the recruitment process just take one phase at the time, go at your own pace and wait for when official details and directions are sent to you in preparation. If in doubt, get in contact with recruitment.
The job profile also provides an indication on what to expect as part of the recruitment process.
incog_lye
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Does anyone know whether they make slots available for the weekend for the bolt on assessment or is it only on weekdays??
TheCountryDoctor
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Passed my detective bolt on assessment!!!! Now prepping for the fitness/medical/pre employment checks etc 💪
Good luck to everyone about to do their bolt ons 🙏
Submarine94
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by TheCountryDoctor)
Passed my detective bolt on assessment!!!! Now prepping for the fitness/medical/pre employment checks etc 💪
Good luck to everyone about to do their bolt ons 🙏
When did you do yours? And congratulations! 🥳
Last edited by Submarine94; 1 week ago
Submarine94
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey guys, if I see

"Your application is currently being reviewed, and we will be in contact with you shortly to let you know the next stage of the recruitment process.

Many thanks"

Recruitment Team

On my applicant portal, does that mean I've passed my current stage? It's because of the "next stage in the recruitment process", because I'm assuming if I failed I wouldn't be through to the "next stage"?
Last edited by Submarine94; 1 week ago
TheCountryDoctor
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Submarine94)
When did you do yours? And congratulations! 🥳
Thanks!!! I did mine on Wednesday. I actually didn't think I had done very well because I was nervous 😅
Anya_94
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Submarine94)
Hey guys, if I see

"Your application is currently being reviewed, and we will be in contact with you shortly to let you know the next stage of the recruitment process.

Many thanks"

Recruitment Team

On my applicant portal, does that mean I've passed my current stage? It's because of the "next stage in the recruitment process", because I'm assuming if I failed I wouldn't be through to the "next stage"?
Correct! That's for the VRT

For a peace of mind confirm this with recruitment but now its a matter of waiting for available dates for the bolt on! Well done!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (245)
57.38%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (57)
13.35%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (46)
10.77%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (36)
8.43%
I haven't started researching yet (24)
5.62%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
4.45%

Watched Threads