The Student Room Group

2021/22 Detective Constable Met Police Grad Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone starting on Nov 14th, received any information yet ?
Hi everyone ! I just received an email saying they are full until end of March 2023 and future starting dates would be to start from SUMMER 2023. But in that case the results of my assessments will have expired by then. Does anyone know, maybe from past threads, if we have to resit all exams in a scenario where it’s not our fault we can’t start in time ? I just find it unfair to have to have to resist them all just because positions are full
Original post by racecar123

Not as of yet, I expect we will next week

Nothing yet, i contacted recruitment team they said they are still waiting for the info them selfs before sending it to us. Quite apprehensive of where i will be placed. I did get the buddy scheme email though, and got measurments appointment too. So just waiting for the welcome pack and other info.
Original post by vikingqueen90
Not as of yet, I expect we will next week

I hope you are right, fingers crossed its not going to be a few days before the start date
Original post by Ness1708
Hi everyone ! I just received an email saying they are full until end of March 2023 and future starting dates would be to start from SUMMER 2023. But in that case the results of my assessments will have expired by then. Does anyone know, maybe from past threads, if we have to resit all exams in a scenario where it’s not our fault we can’t start in time ? I just find it unfair to have to have to resist them all just because positions are full

Why would they expire? i guess its understandable for the fitness test but the interview and other assessments shouldnt expire, try the webchat to get more info. It will be unfair to have passed everything just to be told oh we dont have space. Doing the assessments again basically means reapplying for the job.

Which assessments are going to expire?

Ordinarily where an assessment centre mark expires (which lasts for 2 years) the force will honour the pass provided that you accept a start date they give you i.e. you cannot be fussy about start dates without an EXTREMELY good reason. Worth double checking this with them, as this is just the norm.

Fitness will expire and you just recomplete. Vetting will expire so you fill in a short form of any changes since you last completed vetting and it is a quick turnaround because it is not a full revet. You may be asked to update them if there is a medical change.
Original post by moezzx
Nothing yet, i contacted recruitment team they said they are still waiting for the info them selfs before sending it to us. Quite apprehensive of where i will be placed. I did get the buddy scheme email though, and got measurments appointment too. So just waiting for the welcome pack and other info.

I’ve had my measurements appointment, but nothing about a buddy scheme yet! I hope they don’t take too long, as i really need to know where i’ll be placed.
What is the Buddy Scheme?

I have had my measurement appointment already but nothing further.

Although I did get an email this morning from 'Babcock Apprenticeship Programme' unsure if this is junk or relevant for all of the uni choices - I will contact the recruitment team and ask.

Original post by moezzx
What is the Buddy Scheme?

I have had my measurement appointment already but nothing further.

Although I did get an email this morning from 'Babcock Apprenticeship Programme' unsure if this is junk or relevant for all of the uni choices - I will contact the recruitment team and ask.

I got the Babock apprenticeship program email with login details. You are suppose to log in and complete the form, its like an application form we did when we applied for the job, with extra bits about what you want to achieve from the program. I think its data collection to assign you a university and keep track of your progress. In another email they said this needs to be done so it can feed back to the met to 'progress your application' so i am assuming this needs to be done before they assign a BCU and Uni. Do it quickly if you can and hopefully well get the welcome pack soon!

In regards to the Buddy scheme, it says its a sort of support for officers from unrepresented groups.
I’ve had my measurements appointment, but nothing about a buddy scheme yet! I hope they don’t take too long, as i really need to know where i’ll be placed.

I know, for me if i get say brunel, i may need to think about new accomodation to make it easier. knowing this a week before starting makes that quite difficult. Would of been nice if we got it 4 weeks prior to start date so you can prepare for it. Fingers crossed! You should be getting the Babcock apprenticeship email soon. Complete the forms asap!

By the way, is there any parking at Belvedere? I can cut an hour from my journey if i drive.
Original post by moezzx
I got the Babock apprenticeship program email with login details. You are suppose to log in and complete the form, its like an application form we did when we applied for the job, with extra bits about what you want to achieve from the program. I think its data collection to assign you a university and keep track of your progress. In another email they said this needs to be done so it can feed back to the met to 'progress your application' so i am assuming this needs to be done before they assign a BCU and Uni. Do it quickly if you can and hopefully well get the welcome pack soon!

In regards to the Buddy scheme, it says its a sort of support for officers from unrepresented groups.

Completed mine, it now asks for an English and Math assessment.
Whilst I am sure this is nothing to worry about and rather simple, does anyone know if this is mandatory?

Thanks
Completed mine, it now asks for an English and Math assessment.
Whilst I am sure this is nothing to worry about and rather simple, does anyone know if this is mandatory?

Thanks

I believe it is. But it wont affect your application, i think its there just to see your level of english and maths and place you in classes with others on a similar level. I just completed my assessments, pretty straight forward, the maths assessment made me sweat near the end, but i was never great at maths lol. I am not sure what to do next though.

I also got another email to complete a 'revalidation recruitment questionnaire'. its for if your medical status changed since your day 2 medical. Quite a few bits and bobs to do today!
Original post by moezzx
By the way, is there any parking at Belvedere? I can cut an hour from my journey if i drive.

You won't be allowed to park inside the facility unless you are in a police vehicle, but it's in the middle of an industrial estate, so anywhere outside that doesn't have yellow lines, just go for it.
Original post by moezzx
I believe it is. But it wont affect your application, i think its there just to see your level of english and maths and place you in classes with others on a similar level. I just completed my assessments, pretty straight forward, the maths assessment made me sweat near the end, but i was never great at maths lol. I am not sure what to do next though.

I also got another email to complete a 'revalidation recruitment questionnaire'. its for if your medical status changed since your day 2 medical. Quite a few bits and bobs to do today!

Yes me too, although it does state that it only needs completing if there has been changes. But then goes on to say this "Please do this as soon as possible, as a late response may impact your start date".
Original post by Trinculo
You won't be allowed to park inside the facility unless you are in a police vehicle, but it's in the middle of an industrial estate, so anywhere outside that doesn't have yellow lines, just go for it.

Nice! I just looked around on google map there are alot of random vehicles parked on the side of the road, hopefully ill find somewere to park in the morning. Thank you!!
Yes me too, although it does state that it only needs completing if there has been changes. But then goes on to say this "Please do this as soon as possible, as a late response may impact your start date".

Yea i noticed that too, i didnt send anything back. I am still slightly stressed about the assessments though. If you notice, once you complete your initial assessments for english and maths, there is the ISP section. The english one you have to write sort of small articles or essays and the maths one, is studying fractions and such. am not sure if we need to do those aswell. I did the english one, but it needs to be marked by a teacher. It doesnt seem like we should do those since it wasnt mentioned on the email. Do you know if we need to? I may have to ask on webchat tomorrow.

I received the same email. They have basically recruited way more TDC's than they have spaces in their training courses. They've given alternative, which they mentioned is called the 'Detective Uniform Experience Pathway', in the mean time or you can try your luck for the Summer 2023 cohort. I've opted in for the Detective Uniform Experience Pathway, which is longer in the uniform role but they rotate you through different departments so it's not only street duties, if I understood correctly. Basically, you'll still end up a TDC, it just takes a little longer to reach that role. I do think that the additional experience in the variety of uniformed roles will be good though so I've decided to go ahead with the alternative role rather than waiting. They mentioned that it's a guaranteed fast track route to becoming a detective so up to you if you take it or not. Just remember to respond to the email if that's where you were told about the alternative role if that's what you're considering.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by moezzx
Yea i noticed that too, i didnt send anything back. I am still slightly stressed about the assessments though. If you notice, once you complete your initial assessments for english and maths, there is the ISP section. The english one you have to write sort of small articles or essays and the maths one, is studying fractions and such. am not sure if we need to do those aswell. I did the english one, but it needs to be marked by a teacher. It doesnt seem like we should do those since it wasnt mentioned on the email. Do you know if we need to? I may have to ask on webchat tomorrow.

I've just contacted webchat and asked; she said compulsory but truthfully, I do not think she knew what I was talking about.

I also received an email from Anglia Ruskin, no idea if this is their Farringdon or East India campus? Super anxious about which BCU now, but again, the webchat wouldn't confirm.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending