The Student Room Group

A Level Help Needed ASAP

Hello I have recently started Year 12 doing A Level Information Technology, Sociology and Business Studies.

I am finding business studies incredibly boring and I do not know a good alternative subject to do so that goes well with IT, as I am wanting to do something IT related within the future (involving computers), and after research it says Philosophy and Ethics is a good choice. I’m here to ask if this is true and if I am able to drop business OR it’s a false and that I should keep business alongside IT.

Thank you.
Reply 1
Original post by vizqha
Hello I have recently started Year 12 doing A Level Information Technology, Sociology and Business Studies.

I am finding business studies incredibly boring and I do not know a good alternative subject to do so that goes well with IT, as I am wanting to do something IT related within the future (involving computers), and after research it says Philosophy and Ethics is a good choice. I’m here to ask if this is true and if I am able to drop business OR it’s a false and that I should keep business alongside IT.

Thank you.

If you want to do computer science or software engineering you need maths for most of those degrees or why not computer science A Level? If you don’t want to do that possible good options are: economics, law, politics, english language or history but honestly if you find something interesting and can get a good grade in it then go for it!
Reply 2
Original post by sototo
If you want to do computer science or software engineering you need maths for most of those degrees or why not computer science A Level? If you don’t want to do that possible good options are: economics, law, politics, english language or history but honestly if you find something interesting and can get a good grade in it then go for it!

i agree too^ maths is required for any computing degree from what i know, but take what you’d enjoy- eg if you dont like maths definitely dont take it.

Quick Reply

Latest