The Student Room Group

fashion business and management or anything at this point HELP

yall i need help i took a gap year after going uni for a month i was studying textiles at the time and i really don't know what to do. i have a level 3 qualification in textiles. i only have a month left until university starts and i need to pick a course asap. ive been looking everywhere to find a course that is best suited for me, but i don't think I'm good enough in any course tbh. ive been looking at MMU at fashion marketing but the clearing has closed. Ive also looked at fashion business and management from MMU and i just want some insight to what the course offers. If theres anyone available to help me pick another course or guide me into the right direction as im REALLY STRESSING PLZ HELP. Im also looking into apprenticeships but its either i cant find any or the apprenticeships are to far from where i live. All i want is a degree and to have a job that pays well.
Original post by cherry127
yall i need help i took a gap year after going uni for a month i was studying textiles at the time and i really don't know what to do. i have a level 3 qualification in textiles. i only have a month left until university starts and i need to pick a course asap. ive been looking everywhere to find a course that is best suited for me, but i don't think I'm good enough in any course tbh. ive been looking at MMU at fashion marketing but the clearing has closed. Ive also looked at fashion business and management from MMU and i just want some insight to what the course offers. If theres anyone available to help me pick another course or guide me into the right direction as im REALLY STRESSING PLZ HELP. Im also looking into apprenticeships but its either i cant find any or the apprenticeships are to far from where i live. All i want is a degree and to have a job that pays well.

All i want is a degree and to have a job that pays well.
That leaves things a bit open ended. You can get a job that pays well without a degree. For that matter, what sort of figures are we referring to when you say "pays well"? Anything that pays a lot will tend to have either a lot of responsibilities, require a lot of expertise and experience, or require you to bring in a lot of money. If you fail in any of these respects, the company that hires you will likely to get rid of you very quickly because of how expensive you are.

i only have a month left until university starts and i need to pick a course asap.
This isn't really a good time to pick a course. A better time would have been in September (unless you're applying for Oxbridge) and submit your application to UCAS by January. As you're late to the game, you're just picking the courses through clearing, which isn't going to be a great choice to pick from.

I personally would wait for the next application cycle and give yourself more time to think through what you actually want to study and do.

ive been looking at MMU at fashion marketing but the clearing has closed. Ive also looked at fashion business and management from MMU and i just want some insight to what the course offers.
From the titles alone, I can tell these are more like busienss degrees than fashion degrees (they're business degrees based in the fashion industry). If these are degrees that you want (they won't guarantee you a job in fashion mind you), then I would wait for the next application cycle.

ive been looking everywhere to find a course that is best suited for me, but i don't think I'm good enough in any course tbh.
I think it's safe to say that the admissions staff would be looking at your application based on the results of your Level 3 in textiles. If you have the right grades, then I don't see much of a problem getting onto a course for fashion or fashion business. Having said that, fashion design degrees are more design than anything else, and you would need to present a decent portfolio in your interview for some design schools.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending