The Student Room Group

Music Tastes of Children

I'm willing to cut a lot of slack to children when it comes to music tasted because back in the early 00s when I was entering my double-digit age I listened to some pretty atrocious stuff-for my standards anyway. If anybody remembers 2Play and Twista then that's what I'm talking about. Actually Twista's rap speed is ridiculous so credit there at least. Anyway I can't blame children for liking the same old things because indeed they're finding a sense of community as a foundation for their growth. Are there any songs or artists you listened to as a kid that you really don't like now or regret enjoying in the first place?

Scroll to see replies

Tbh I spent most of my childhood watching cartoons/advetisement songs sooo if
"WhO LIVES in a PiNEAPPle UNder the SEA?" counts; then lol ig xD edit: (no regrets btw)
(edited 2 years ago)
IDC what children are into because I am not a paedophile.
Nope, no regrets.
Reply 4
Original post by JDINCINERATOR
I'm willing to cut a lot of slack to children when it comes to music tasted because back in the early 00s when I was entering my double-digit age I listened to some pretty atrocious stuff-for my standards anyway. If anybody remembers 2Play and Twista then that's what I'm talking about. Actually Twista's rap speed is ridiculous so credit there at least. Anyway I can't blame children for liking the same old things because indeed they're finding a sense of community as a foundation for their growth. Are there any songs or artists you listened to as a kid that you really don't like now or regret enjoying in the first place?

I think my music listening habits have been strongly affected by the changing means of consumption: I had an iPod at first, meaning my music list was essentially fixed; and then I got an iPhone, granting access to music streaming services like Spotify. So, I’d say my musical interests haven’t changed drastically, but massively broadened.

Having said that, I don’t really listen to The Smiths anymore. I used to have What Difference Does It Make? on repeat…
Reply 5
no, I don't think having hangups about this sort of thing serves any purpose and I still listen to most of the stuff I can remember liking as a kid
Reply 6
This title is really awkward.
Somehow I completely misread this title :lol:
Reply 8
Original post by Theloniouss
Somehow I completely misread this title :lol:

I read it as a declarative statement: music has a taste, and it tastes of children
Original post by gjd800
I read it as a declarative statement: music has a taste, and it tastes of children

I was thinking it was a pretty surreal idea
Cannibal

I'm 13 So I like
Green day
Foo fighters
Sum 41
Pearl jam
Metallica
The Killers
Iron maiden
Simple plan
Acdc
Frei.wild
Red hot chili peppers
Limp bizkit
Mcr
Prime circle
Deftones
Blink 182
Queen
Weezer
The offspring
3 doors down
Rise against
The president of united states
Korn
Thirty seconds too Mars and more
Original post by Markyparky
I'm 13 So I like
Green day
Foo fighters
Sum 41
Pearl jam
Metallica
The Killers
Iron maiden
Simple plan
Acdc
Frei.wild
Red hot chili peppers
Limp bizkit
Mcr
Prime circle
Deftones
Blink 182
Queen
Weezer
The offspring
3 doors down
Rise against
The president of united states
Korn
Thirty seconds too Mars and more

Good on you for having a great variety in your music tastes. When I was your age I liked a lot of those bands too. If you're interested, check out Mudvayne, Trust Company, Saliva, Staind and Seether.
Old post back on the top
Good on you for having a great variety in your music tastes. When I was your age I liked a lot of those bands too. If you're interested, check out Mudvayne, Trust Company, Saliva, Staind and Seether.

I know saliva I'll look thx
Original post by Markyparky
I know saliva I'll look thx

They Sound cool
Original post by ABBAForever2015
Old post back on the top

If the OP replies then it's allowed :yep:
Original post by toxicgamage56

The Band?
Original post by toxicgamage56