The Student Room Group

asian preference getting annoying

I had a kpop phase in lockdown, quite a big one. Not a massive one like buying loads of merch but i would just listen to alot of BTS and branch out to other stuff. I bought an album and my parents saw it and they said that i "like asian men".
Now its the present, i barely listen to kpop, if i hear a good song then sure i add it to my playlist but i don't keep up with whats going on. However to this day, when i talk about music with my parents, they say something like "oh you still like the asian boys" or "what happened to you liking kpop, you liked koreans".
I was never a koreaboo, but it seems like its the only thing they ever knew about me and its so annoying. I was never a weird fan, i wouldn't even stream videos if there was a competition but they seem to think i have this weird obsession. I did find them good looking and i still do but i just get annoyed when they occasionally say this. This isn't all the time but once i forget abt it, they seem to say it again and the anger comes back. My music taste has done 180 compared to lockdown but they just don't seem to listen when i talk about my current music taste. I can't tell if they do it for a joke or not.
It also annoys me because there was this guy i liked but he just happened to be asian. This is a random coincidence and there are hundreds of times where i've found non asian guys attractive, this is just the current guy i like. But i just don't want to tell them because i know that they will bring it up again. They are being pathetic and they don't know where to stop. At this rate, they aren't going to know anything that happens in my life. Anyone else relate
Just ignore them and don't react to any of their silly jokes.
They prob just think its kind of funny to wind you up so easily about something so trivial.
i have the same issue. there's really nothing you can do about it sadly, but just calmly shut them down when they do make comments on it.
East Asians are hot, wouldn’t be ashamed in saying you find them attractive. Own it.
Reply 5
Original post by Little pecker
East Asians are hot, wouldn’t be ashamed in saying you find them attractive. Own it.
Not really, dating stats do not
Reply 6
Original post by Little pecker
Its not that i'm trying to deny that some of them are, but my parents just assume that i only find them attractive. ONLY them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending