The Student Room Group

How do you deal with problematic roommates?

have a roommate who leaves dirty dishes in the sink for days, creating a foul smell. The loud music she plays late at night disrupts my sleep. Whenever I bring up my concerns, she dismisses them. How can I address this situation?
If you're in student halls, report them. If you're in a private rental, find the earliest point you can get out of your contract and then move out.

Putting her mouldering dishes in front of her doorway until she gets the point may be an effective interim measure, but will not make you any friends.
Reply 2
Original post by Jordan.H
have a roommate who leaves dirty dishes in the sink for days, creating a foul smell. The loud music she plays late at night disrupts my sleep. Whenever I bring up my concerns, she dismisses them. How can I address this situation?

Put her dirty plates in a bowl outside her room. When she plays loud music bang on her door until she stops. Basically be more bloody minded than her and always have the last word.
Reply 3
It’s a student right of passage, with no real answer
Reply 4
Original post by hotpud
Put her dirty plates in a bowl outside her room. When she plays loud music bang on her door until she stops. Basically be more bloody minded than her and always have the last word.

I second this. She won't do a thing until she gets a taste of her own medicine.
Reply 5
Haha. The responses I am receiving here. I think I will follow the most recommended action. Confrontation.
Reply 6
Original post by hotpud

definitely agree with this approach. it does work

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending