The Student Room Group

a level in one year?? is it possible??

is there any way i could complete a bio, chem and maths a level in one year after doing an applied science btec?? is there a possibility a college could offer it to me and how would i apply...
Original post by fmksjdjdjd
is there any way i could complete a bio, chem and maths a level in one year after doing an applied science btec?? is there a possibility a college could offer it to me and how would i apply...

Frankly, no - it's not realistic. if you've only done applied science BTEC, then you're not really starting from a solid GCSE foundation. It would be a big ask for anyone to try to do three hard science and maths A levels in one year, but if you're coming at it from a BTEC background, I'd say it's really not going to be possible.

Why do you want to do these subjects, and do them in a year? Is it for a university application? If so, an Access course could be more suitable for you. Also, how long have you been out of education for?
Reply 2
Original post by Reality Check
Frankly, no - it's not realistic. if you've only done applied science BTEC, then you're not really starting from a solid GCSE foundation. It would be a big ask for anyone to try to do three hard science and maths A levels in one year, but if you're coming at it from a BTEC background, I'd say it's really not going to be possible.

Why do you want to do these subjects, and do them in a year? Is it for a university application? If so, an Access course could be more suitable for you. Also, how long have you been out of education for?

im not out of education im in my second year of sixth form.. regret it alot bc now all the careers i would've aimed for are not accessible. cant do a medicine degree without doing an extra 3 years of biomed and originally wanted to do optometry but have changed my mind since picking this course. im heading towards a D*D*D* so its not like im incapable of doing a levels but due to covid we got grades that i hadnt prepared for. ive been researching gateway courses to medicine and theres nothing in london that i can do with a btec so im pretty much out of options

Quick Reply

Latest