The Student Room Group

A level choices

Hey,
Just wondering if it’s possible to do bio, Chem and maths A levels in one year bc I’m moving to another country and would like to finish my A levels.
Reply 1
Possible, 100% but the likelihood of deeply learning all 3 to an B-A* level is incredibly low. I would personally just get the AS exams done.
Reply 2
Original post by skvsyu
Possible, 100% but the likelihood of deeply learning all 3 to an B-A* level is incredibly low. I would personally just get the AS exams done.

If they are in England the AS are stand alone and won't be transferable.
Reply 3
Original post by Muttley79

If they are in England the AS are stand alone and won't be transferable.

This would be for the purpose of at least having at least something, as the chances of them getting three good grades for a levels in a single year is reasonably unrealistic
Reply 4
Original post by skvsyu
This would be for the purpose of at least having at least something, as the chances of them getting three good grades for a levels in a single year is reasonably unrealistic

Most schools don't even allow students to take these exams!
Reply 5

Most schools don't even allow students to take these exams!

Worth asking, and also he could possibly pay to get them done externally.
Original post by Sam076227
Hey,
Just wondering if it’s possible to do bio, Chem and maths A levels in one year bc I’m moving to another country and would like to finish my A levels.

yes
Reply 7
Original post by skvsyu
Worth asking, and also he could possibly pay to get them done externally.

Yes but there's nothing to gain from doing AS - they can't use them towards A levels as in the modular days.
Reply 8

Yes but there's nothing to gain from doing AS - they can't use them towards A levels as in the modular days.

The knowledge and experience gained? They may not be recognised as an actual qualification but you cannot argue that as knowledge in a subject is still knowledge that may be useful for whatever that student wants to do. If the student picks up another qualification for the same subjects, at least they’d have some prior knowledge and wouldn’t be going into it completely from scratch, rather then spending the rest of their year here doing nothing
Reply 9
Original post by skvsyu
The knowledge and experience gained? They may not be recognised as an actual qualification but you cannot argue that as knowledge in a subject is still knowledge that may be useful for whatever that student wants to do. If the student picks up another qualification for the same subjects, at least they’d have some prior knowledge and wouldn’t be going into it completely from scratch, rather then spending the rest of their year here doing nothing

They'll still need to spend another two years getting the exams neded for uni.
Original post by Sam076227
Hey,

I would try to negotiate staying with family/friends to finish your A levels at the right time.
Reply 11

They'll still need to spend another two years getting the exams neded for uni.

That’s my point lol

Quick Reply

Latest