Rebeccarum
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Currently I’m achieving AAB and hoping to get AAA in A levels. I also am eligible for a contextual offer at many unis as care experienced and live in a POLAR 4 Quintile 1 area. I am completely stuck on what university to go to and have looked at Bristol and sounds good but also I think a module in work experience would be beneficial. Can anyone suggest any universities? Thank you!!
EmSco
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'm in a similar boat and I'm hoping to study Sociology and Politics at uni.
I'm currently looking at Cambridge (HSPS), Durham (Politics), York (SPS) and Warwick (Soc & Pol).
Warwick, Durham and York all offer contextual offers and are quite good for politics, for theses courses at York and Warwick after contextuals is BBB. Durham is really good for contextual offers because they'll give you a contextual offer for regular criteria and then give a second further reduced offer if you decide to firm!
Xchloem03X
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by EmSco)
I'm in a similar boat and I'm hoping to study Sociology and Politics at uni.
I'm currently looking at Cambridge (HSPS), Durham (Politics), York (SPS) and Warwick (Soc & Pol).
Warwick, Durham and York all offer contextual offers and are quite good for politics, for theses courses at York and Warwick after contextuals is BBB. Durham is really good for contextual offers because they'll give you a contextual offer for regular criteria and then give a second further reduced offer if you decide to firm!
Hey! Sounds like we’ve applied to very similar unis. I also applied for HSPS at Cambridge, SPS at York, Politics and Sociology at Warwick. My other choices were Politics and Sociology at Bristol and Politics and Sociology with placement at Lancaster! Have you had any offers yet? Good luck with your application!
Xiphos
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by Rebeccarum)
Currently I’m achieving AAB and hoping to get AAA in A levels. I also am eligible for a contextual offer at many unis as care experienced and live in a POLAR 4 Quintile 1 area. I am completely stuck on what university to go to and have looked at Bristol and sounds good but also I think a module in work experience would be beneficial. Can anyone suggest any universities? Thank you!!
Just out of curiosity what is POLAR 4 Quintile 1? Is it a geographical indicator of socio-economic status?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (10)
45.45%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (3)
13.64%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (3)
13.64%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (1)
4.55%
I haven't started researching yet (2)
9.09%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
13.64%

Watched Threads