The Student Room Group

reapplying for an M&S interview

hey, i had an interview for M&S yesterday and was informed today by email that i was not successful. They uploaded today a new position which was the same that i applied for before but just working a different set of days. So i applied today for that new position using a different email as you cant reapply for another six months with the same email. I have been offered an interview and i scheduled it for Friday. The guy interviewing me isnt the same person as before so will he know ive already applied before of will he just not care. i am worried ill join the interview call and he will ask me if i have applied before.
Original post by user7346
hey, i had an interview for M&S yesterday and was informed today by email that i was not successful. They uploaded today a new position which was the same that i applied for before but just working a different set of days. So i applied today for that new position using a different email as you cant reapply for another six months with the same email. I have been offered an interview and i scheduled it for Friday. The guy interviewing me isnt the same person as before so will he know ive already applied before of will he just not care. i am worried ill join the interview call and he will ask me if i have applied before.

Hi
They will look at your contact details etc to see if you were a previous employer or applied before.
They may not say anything about it but if they do just be honest about it.
You should just have used your original email address but apply for this other job with then as would have been a different reference number as each post usually has a different reference number.
Don't matter if somebody else interviewing you as at the end of the day your original contact information will be on the system to stop you applying for the same job reference number you just been unsuccessful with.

I will with bigger supermarket as t/leader and stand in supervisor as required and I have sat in interviews and they do check previous application information.
Reply 2
Original post by Tracey_W
Hi
They will look at your contact details etc to see if you were a previous employer or applied before.
They may not say anything about it but if they do just be honest about it.
You should just have used your original email address but apply for this other job with then as would have been a different reference number as each post usually has a different reference number.
Don't matter if somebody else interviewing you as at the end of the day your original contact information will be on the system to stop you applying for the same job reference number you just been unsuccessful with.

I will with bigger supermarket as t/leader and stand in supervisor as required and I have sat in interviews and they do check previous application information.

Thank you so much for the reply. My interview hasn’t been cancelled and is for tomorrow at 1. Shall I still do it as it hasn’t been cancelled. My only worry is that it might be a bit awkward if he asks me about why I’ve applied again with a different email.
Reply 3
:smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Thank you so much for the reply. My interview hasn’t been cancelled and is for tomorrow at 1. Shall I still do it as it hasn’t been cancelled. My only worry is that it might be a bit awkward if he asks me about why I’ve applied again with a different email.

Yes attend it as if not it looks bad for you especially if you try again after not attending one.
Just be mindful about perhaps getting asked why you used another email address as can say that it wouldn't let you use the original one for some reason.
They may not ask you that but be prepared if they do ok.

Good luck and hope it goes well and look for updates on it...x
Reply 5
Ok thank you so much for the help, you’ve put my mind at rest x
Ok thank you so much for the help, you’ve put my mind at rest x

No worries ok.
Just keep calm and do your best at interview ok.
Worry about how to answer there questions as if unsure you could ask them to explain it better but it could effect getting job. Don't take to long to answer things but sametime don't rush into answering quickly either.

Good luck ok.
Reply 7
Yeah for my last interview I was very nervous as it was my first one and didn’t know what exactly to expect. I wasn’t sure on a couple questions and asked for them to explain the question more. This is definitely why I didn’t get it but it was good experience so I’m not upset about it. Now I know what to expect I feel much more confident and can plan my answers in advance.
Yeah for my last interview I was very nervous as it was my first one and didn’t know what exactly to expect. I wasn’t sure on a couple questions and asked for them to explain the question more. This is definitely why I didn’t get it but it was good experience so I’m not upset about it. Now I know what to expect I feel much more confident and can plan my answers in advance.

Being nervous is nature for us humans but if you keep calm before going in you'll be fine. Try doing " deep breathes in and slowly let them out about 15 minutes prior of going into interview as it helps keep you calm "...

You do learn from every interview that you do as good practice for next one for sure, it do give you experience from what to expect from other interviews.
Yeah good practice in writing some questions down to ask them.

Being much confident will help you ok, don't be over confident.
Reply 9
How much do I answer for each question asked ? :smile:
Reply 10
🕺🏻
(edited 2 years ago)
Update, I just joined the phone interview and they asked my name and said that I couldn’t have another interview as I had had one the other day. Bit annoying as they knew and didn’t even cancel the interview beforehand 😂

Mmm I did say that they may ask you this but I agree that they could have told you this beforehand.
I wouldn't thought that applying for another job reference number would stop you getting interview as it's a separate job as far as I am aware off.

Best thing to do is apply for likes of Tesco etc as with tesco you can apply for another job without problems providing it's not same job reference number as before as can't reapply for it for a year. Don't apply for too many at once ok, remember to look for ones that suits your age. Do it via there own websites ok.as plenty avaible for Xmas temps plus permanent as you'll need to look at these
Original post by Tracey_W
Yes attend it as if not it looks bad for you especially if you try again after not attending one.
Just be mindful about perhaps getting asked why you used another email address as can say that it wouldn't let you use the original one for some reason.
They may not ask you that but be prepared if they do ok.

Good luck and hope it goes well and look for updates on it...x
Reply 12
Yeah really annoying but oh well. I’ve got an interview for sainsburys which I’m really pleased about. Thank you for all the help x
Yeah really annoying but oh well. I’ve got an interview for sainsburys which I’m really pleased about. Thank you for all the help x

Yes I know its annoying how they do things .
But least you still got something to look forward to with a interview with sainsburys and you would have better chance of being kept on if you only got a temporary contract with sainsburys with being larger organisation than M&S.

Hope it goes well when you have it as use previous interviews for this.
Keep applying elsewhere in meantime.

No worries in trying to help you ok xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending