The Student Room Group

M&S - No reply??

Hi, So i applied for M&S in August, and interviewed I emailed about two weeks later and asked for an update, I was told I passed the assessment and they are just looking for vacancies for those who passed the assessment, but since then I have not heard anything back and have emailed twice. On the M&S careers my application says "regretted"?
I find it slightly unfair that I was told I passed the assessment but also that i have not received an email or anything stating a clear yes or no

Edited: Forgot to mention that I was also asked if I would like to work in any of their other stores, and what my availabilty was like
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by userunklw
Hi, So i applied for M&S in August, and interviewed I emailed about two weeks later and asked for an update, I was told I passed the assessment and they are just looking for vacancies for those who passed the assessment, but since then I have not heard anything back and have emailed twice. On the M&S careers my application says "regretted"?
I find it slightly unfair that I was told I passed the assessment but also that i have not received an email or anything stating a clear yes or no

Edited: Forgot to mention that I was also asked if I would like to work in any of their other stores, and what my availabilty was like

I'm afraid it's standard practice to not inform applicants if they're unsuccessful. I personally think it's a disgusting and completely unethical thing to do but that's how it works. When I wanted to leave the company I worked for during my gap year, I applied to dozens of jobs. Not a single place informed me they weren't interested, not even the places that interviewed me and subsequently rejected me.

Wait for M&S to get back to your emails but carry on job hunting, sorry :frown:
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by Scotland Yard
I'm afraid it's standard practice to not inform applicants if they're unsuccessful. I personally think it's a disgusting and completely unethical thing to do but that's how it works. When I wanted to leave the company I worked for during my gap year, I applied to dozens of jobs. Not a single place informed me they weren't interested, not even the places that interviewed me and subsequently rejected me.

Wait for M&S to get back to your emails but carry on job hunting, sorry :frown:

Thanks for your reply!

I feel so disheartened with job hunting it’s been a while now, and yes same, I do understand companies can’t always reply to everyone but it would be nice for proper closure, especially with M&S having told me I passed the assessment and are looking for vacancies, I feel a reply is definitely needed just to let me know what’s the verdict
Boost
Original post by userunklw

Regrets/regretted is common terminology for retail recruitment. They may have just filled all the roles with other candidates (perhaps with more experience etc?). There’ll be plenty more opportunities, especially now in the run up to Christmas.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending