The Student Room Group

Wales: ab initio language degrees

(Deleted)
(edited 2 years ago)
(Deleted)
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by cjbr
I'm interested in hearing from anybody who's studied at Aberystwyth, Bangor or Cardiff and what these universities offer in terms of ab initio courses. I'd be looking to study Spanish as a beginner at one of these unis and want to know what the courses are like, whether they're effective at levelling you up with the advanced learners and if there is a big literature element (I'd rather focus on language modules).

I'm open to studying ab initio Spanish along with Linguistics or alongside another ab initio language, but I'm not sure if it'd be possible to do two languages ab initio. Also keeping an eye on Liverpool, anybody know if their Hispanic Studies course would be suitable for someone like me?

Hi there,

It's great to hear that you're interested in studying at Bangor University. You can find all the details about our Modern Language course here including the entry requirements.
You can speak to some of our current students and lecturers on our Unibuddy platform on our website if you would like to find out a bit more about what the course is like day to day. We also have some Open Days coming up which would be a great way for you to find out more about Bangor and the course. You can register online here.

Please let me know if you have any other questions at all, I would be happy to help :smile:
Anna

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending