The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Modern languages

Is anyone else applying for modern languages at Bath? I have firmed it but I haven’t see anyone else who’s doing the same:smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Its a small course group compared to something like Mechanixal Engeering or Ecinomics, and most Bath offers are made after the UCAS deadline.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
Yes I have firmed Spanish and French at Bath!! But I’m taking a gap year so will be there in 2024. Im super excited though 😊
Original post by izabelrichardson
Is anyone else applying for modern languages at Bath? I have firmed it but I haven’t see anyone else who’s doing the same:smile:

Hi,

I am currently a modern languages student at the University of Bath in Second Year. I would love to answer questions you might have about the course!

Sophia (2nd Year German and Spanish)
Original post by University of Bath
Hi,

I am currently a modern languages student at the University of Bath in Second Year. I would love to answer questions you might have about the course!

Hi there!
How are you finding the course? I saw that they only do about 10 hours in person tuition - is this typical of all Universities nowadays? What were the grade offers requirements versus the grades you got ? Bath is a beautiful City - are you enjoying life there ? Thank you
Original post by izabelrichardson

Hi, just wanted to know how you are finding bath studying languages, i have also firmed it but have offers from surrey and durham as well. What are the contact hours like and did you do both languages post a level or one ab initio/ if so what is ab initio like? Also is it more focused on actual language learning or literature/history of the languages?
Original post by University of Bath
Hi,
I've applied for french (post a level) and spanish (ab initio), just wanted to know what the contact hours are like and did you do both languages post a level or one ab initio/ if so what is ab initio like? Also is it more focused on actual language learning or literature/history of the languages? thanks

Quick Reply

Latest