The Student Room Group

Computer science with out advanced maths?

I’m thinking about applying to computer science but in Edinburgh and Glasgow it says advanced maths is recommended will I be able to keep up with the course. (I got an A at higher)
Original post by Calmacdon
I’m thinking about applying to computer science but in Edinburgh and Glasgow it says advanced maths is recommended will I be able to keep up with the course. (I got an A at higher)

Heyy

If you are considering Computer Science, at Edinburgh Napier our Standard Entry requirement is BBBB to include Maths or Physics as well as National 5 grade C in Maths and English. It received 100% student satisfaction last year and also has the opportunity for students to go on a paid placement during third year

https://www.napier.ac.uk/courses/bscbsc-hons-computing-science-undergraduate-fulltime

Give me a shout if there's anything that I can help with!

Steph @ ENU
Original post by Calmacdon

Hey @Calmacdon :smile: I think as long as you go in to the course with the right mindset you'd be able to keep up. Be mindful that your application may not be as competitive as others who are applying with AH Maths, but ask the Admissions teams at Edinburgh and Glasgow how they would view your application without it. Think about what you can include in your PS to show that you're comitted to the subject and that you're ready to keep progressing this in the summer (e.g. tutoring/online courses via FutureLearn maybe) so that you're not disadvantaged when you begin.

Keep working hard and keep your options open and broad and I'm sure you'll do great :biggrin:

Best of luck!
- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending