The Student Room Group

Computing at Uni without AH

Can I reasonably do Computing at uni without an Advanced higher in it? I will meet all the higher entry requirements within the time frame and have a Computing higher. I just want to know if it will be impossible to do without the Advanced Higher.

Thanks

:smile:
Reply 1
Original post by nat5gamersupreme
Can I reasonably do Computing at uni without an Advanced higher in it? I will meet all the higher entry requirements within the time frame and have a Computing higher. I just want to know if it will be impossible to do without the Advanced Higher.

Universities don't necessarily require a computer science qualification -- not all schools/colleges offer it.

You will probably need an Advanced Higher in maths, though. Requirements do vary, so check each university you're thinking of applying to to see what they expect.
Original post by martin7
Universities don't necessarily require a computer science qualification -- not all schools/colleges offer it.

You will probably need an Advanced Higher in maths, though. Requirements do vary, so check each university you're thinking of applying to to see what they expect.

Like I said, I will meet all the entry requirements for my specific first choice, I should have written the question better, I meant to ask if I would actually be able to start the Uni course without the Advanced Higher, and not be completely out of my depth and end up failing.

Sorry

:smile:
Reply 3
Original post by nat5gamersupreme
Like I said, I will meet all the entry requirements for my specific first choice, I should have written the question better, I meant to ask if I would actually be able to start the Uni course without the Advanced Higher, and not be completely out of my depth and end up failing.

If the university considers that people without the AH will not be able to succeed, they would make it a requirement. If they haven't made it requirement, then presumably they're happy that you can succeed without it.

They will almost certainly be making offers to people without any CS qualification -- they know that not all schools/colleges offer it.

Check the admissions requirements for the universities you're interested in. If you want clarification, contact their respective admissions departments.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending