The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Official University of Essex 2022 Applicant Thread

Hi! :hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Essex for 2022!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:
What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi there! I have applied for Oral Health Science yesterday, hopefully, we will hear back soon I am currently in my first year as a student adult nurse but would like to move into hygiene as I have been a nurse for 8 years now and wants to stay in the field, I don't know what Essex uni will think about this lol
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Hi!
I'm applying for Liberal Arts with a year abroad
Currently I'm studying History, English Language, and English Literature
Original post by schakir
Hi there! I have applied for Oral Health Science yesterday, hopefully, we will hear back soon I am currently in my first year as a student adult nurse but would like to move into hygiene as I have been a nurse for 8 years now and wants to stay in the field, I don't know what Essex uni will think about this lol

Hey! I have also applied for Oral Health Science, I'm a qualified dental nurse looking to become a hygienist :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Chloerose14
Hey! I have also applied for Oral Health Science, I'm a qualified dental nurse looking to become a hygienist :smile:

Same here! Have you heard anything yet?
I’ve also applied to Oral Health Science, this is my second time applying. Has any one had an email from the uni saying they have your application? I sent my late September xx
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by schakir
Same here! Have you heard anything yet?

Not yet, do you have all the qualifications required or are you working towards anything?
Original post by XxGraciexX
I’ve also applied to Oral Health Science, this is my second time applying. Has any one had an email from the uni saying they have your application? I sent my late September xx

I haven’t yet. Is this quite a difficult course to get on to? X
Reply 8
I haven’t yet. Is this quite a difficult course to get on to? X

Yes! I know some people that had to apply few times before getting in.
Have you got A levels?
Original post by schakir
Yes! I know some people that had to apply few times before getting in.
Have you got A levels?

I have an access to HE course in biology along with my dental nursing qualification
Reply 10
I have an access to HE course in biology along with my dental nursing qualification

Same here! Iv completed my Access course in June 2021.
Apparently if we are called for an interview we will have to do a math and english assessement
Yes unfortunately it’s super competitive. Yes English and maths test. Fingers crossed for this year xx
Reply 12
Original post by XxGraciexX
Yes unfortunately it’s super competitive. Yes English and maths test. Fingers crossed for this year xx

Do you have any idea how many people they usually take on, and on how to practice for math and english test? Thank you
Reply 13
Original post by StrawberryDreams
Hi! :hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Essex for 2022!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:
What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here :biggrin:

I'm applying to management and marketing for 2022 anyone else?
Original post by schakir
Same here! Iv completed my Access course in June 2021.
Apparently if we are called for an interview we will have to do a math and english assessement

Oh wow, I hope not! Maths is not my strong point haha
Reply 15
Oh really? Can i be such a pain and ask where would you find those exams to practice? Maybe i should wait to hear back first haha . Have you applied before?
Original post by schakir
Do you have any idea how many people they usually take on, and on how to practice for math and english test? Thank you

I think maybe 30 at each campus? And last year I think they gave a link to some sample papers x
Reply 17
Thats amazing! Like 60 in student in total? I hope we stand a chance
Me too! I hope they make a decision soon. I will have to find accommodation too if I'm successful as I'm from Wales.
Reply 19
Me too! I hope they make a decision soon. I will have to find accommodation too if I'm successful as I'm from Wales.

Oh wow! I really hope we hear soo too! However i did hear that they don’t start giving out offers for oral health until May time. Did you apply to any other uni?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending