The Student Room Group

Where can I apply? (Medicine)

Hi,
I applied for Medicine at Liverpool, Manchester, Edinburgh and Sheffield and got interviews for Manchester and Liverpool last year, but then got rejected by both of them. I think I got rejected by the other two due to my UCAT last year.
I’m reapplying this year having improved my UCAT score from 2650 (Band 2) [7th decile] to 2780 (Band 1) [8th decile], and my achieved A level grades are A*, A*, A (Biology, Psychology & Chemistry respectively).
My GCSE grades are 9,9,9,9,8,8,8,8.
I want to apply for Manchester and Liverpool again this year and practise on my interview technique as I think that’s what let me down last time.
I also want to apply for Birmingham too, but I’m still left with a 4th choice. Are my grades and UCAT good enough to apply for Barts and the London School of Medicine or King’s College London as an aspirational? Are the choices I’ve already picked safe enough for me to afford an aspirational, or do I need to pick one that is less competitive to get into for my 4th one?
I’ve lived in a fairly rural area for all of my life and really want to go to a large metropolitan city for uni, hence why Manchester or London would be perfect. All of the ones that I know definitely know I want to apply to are Russell Group ones - is this too ambitious?
Thanks in advance :smile:
Thank you for your help!! I'm not necessarily intentionally applying to Russel Group ones, but I've just found that the cities I'd like to go to to study happen to be the Russel Group ones. I understand medicine is medicine wherever I apply, but I want to try and pick somewhere where I feel like I'll enjoy student life as much as possible there if that makes sense. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending