The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Dac.
heres mine now with the dock thingy installed;

lol, 36GB Raptor; you'd be better off using a normal modern hard disk instead of that.
Reply 1581
PieMaster
lol, 36GB Raptor; you'd be better off using a normal modern hard disk instead of that.

i dont follow. modern? i dont think many modern HDD are as fast as my raptor :smile:
a regular (that is 7200 RPM) hard drive with a high capacity like 320GB or 500GB will have such densly packed data the access time difference between it and your raptor will be totally non-existent. just cause it spins at 10,000RPM doesn't mean it'll access data any quicker any more - not with only 36GB of space.
Reply 1583
olileauk
a regular (that is 7200 RPM) hard drive with a high capacity like 320GB or 500GB will have such densly packed data the access time difference between it and your raptor will be totally non-existent. just cause it spins at 10,000RPM doesn't mean it'll access data any quicker any more - not with only 36GB of space.

well its faster than my maxtor 250gb drive. so i dont really care, i bought it over a year ago as a novalty item really. and i did notice an improvment when i first got it, which i think im used to now. so the fact is is i know its faster than my other drive at booting windows.
Thats because Maxtor's really suck; I use a 150GB Raptor X as my boot disk and even that is only marginally faster than the new disks.
nice and simple.
Reply 1587

Spoiler

I used to change it all the time, but I've had it like this for over a year now (obviously still change the wallpaper fairly often).
wizard710

Thought I would post my desktop and it is on windows by the way, not apple

This could quite possibly be the ugliest desktop that I've ever seen )although Cowberg's one looked pretty crap too). You seem to have multiple shortcuts for a number of programs too, which is a tad perplexing! But meh, if you're happy with it, that's all that counts.

I do quite like the desktop picture though; I love the sky in it.
Reply 1589

Who needs shortcuts?
^yay, someone else who agrees with me ('cept i don't even have the recycle bin on my desktop)

Spoiler

Lambo Reventon <3
Here's mine:

Sidebar's always quite busy - there's weather, radio, BBC News 24, slideshow and a little clicky bubble wrap thing for when I'm bored - hey, it's addictive...
Reply 1592
Attachment not found
I swear at some point in this threads life i have seen about 6 different people, myself included, post that picture as their wallpaper.
Reply 1594
Not many people seem to use Quick Launch. Why not use it instead of desktop shortcuts?
Indeed; still, it's a nice pic, although the length of the exposure/Photoshopping on it is a bit much for my tastes, but it's still pleasant enough...maybe because I just like pictures of city skylines.
Reply 1596
MGT_90
Not many people seem to use Quick Launch. Why not use it instead of desktop shortcuts?

I do for firefox, itunes and for show desktop, although I also have a dock at the bottom
Reply 1597
Tom
I do for firefox, itunes and for show desktop, although I also have a dock at the bottom

Glad to see someone is making use of it. Unfortunately, whilst Vista supposedly lets you access the programs in Quick Launch by means of a keyboard shortcut, that doesn't seem to work in XP, so it just seems to be far too time consuming.

It's all redundant with custom-assigned shortcut keys though.
Angel Interceptor
This could quite possibly be the ugliest desktop that I've ever seen )although Cowberg's one looked pretty crap too). You seem to have multiple shortcuts for a number of programs too, which is a tad perplexing! But meh, if you're happy with it, that's all that counts.

I do quite like the desktop picture though; I love the sky in it.

Yeah though it may seem that there are multiple shortcuts each dock has different thing so my top dock has all my programs, the shortcuts at the bottom are programs open and the left one is the system tray.

If you want the photo it is one off the photography soc thread, clicky
MGT_90

I just use the start menu. has everything i ever use in it anyway..

Latest

Trending

Trending