The Student Room Group

Clicking on a notification goes to the top of the page

If youre already on the thread, clicking on a notification like
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7445671&p=99219464#post99219464
takes you to the top of the page (or sometimes to the bottom) rather than to the post. If youre on a different thread, it takes you to the post. The url in this post works correctly, but not when you click on the notification.
(edited 1 month ago)
Hi, thanks for letting us know. I guess you are clicking the notifications in the menu on the header? I think new quote and rep notifications are the ones that have URLs in that format. Are these the ones that are failing for you when you are on the thread page?

Can I ask, are you on desktop or mobile and what browser you are using please?

Reply 2
Original post by PurpleAndGreen
Hi, thanks for letting us know. I guess you are clicking the notifications in the menu on the header? I think new quote and rep notifications are the ones that have URLs in that format. Are these the ones that are failing for you when you are on the thread page?
Can I ask, are you on desktop or mobile and what browser you are using please?
Chrome - windows/laptop

Yes, Im clicking on the quote notification so the Alarm in the Header. Dont really understand about what you mean about new urls etc, but dont really want to either ...
Thanks for the information. I can reproduce the problem and will add a bug ticket for it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending