The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
Holy huge dock.

Is that Adium? If so, how did you get it like that?
Reply 1781
HUD skin, by Hirogen

Link

(Mines slightly different, but can't remember where I got it from, but that's the theme I used to have)
Reply 1782
Thanking you, I'll have a gander next time I turn my MB on :smile:
Reply 1783
gumbald
Thanking you, I'll have a gander next time I turn my MB on :smile:

got bored of the brown. went back to an older theme i had... with a new wallpaper i ripped from a link in here and tweaked a bit

small
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/6352/screenshotbu5.jpg
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/5791/screenshot1vz4.jpg

big
http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?c62ef7914e.jpg

but they scale down that last one :frown: looks even prettier at it's native resolution.
Reply 1784
This is the desktop in the UCLA chemistry department. Badass, I'm sure you'll agree. :biggrin:

Reply 1785
The wallpaper :biggrin:
Angel Interceptor
Well, they can actually be generated via very simple equation sets; complexity itself does not necessarily have to be generated by a complicated source/origin.

Aye, self-replication regardless of scale is one of their many attributes; in some ways similar to fractal ferns et al.

LMAO

This is one of THE funniest things I have read in a long time.
I gather that you do not know very much about mandelbrot and Julia sets then.

A complex mathematical function does not mean that it has a high degree of complexity ..... It means that it is a complex function as in both the dependent and independent variables are complex numbers......

Aye,aye,aye I have to show this one to my colleagues on Monday ......

I especially like a response to the above quote by another member....

"
Who knew that in a topic about posting your desktop, you'd get a chance to demonstrate your knowledge of mathematics?"

classic.
mine :biggrin:

designed by me lol.

my desktop
Mrm.
LMAO

This is one of THE funniest things I have read in a long time.
I gather that you do not know very much about mandelbrot and Julia sets then.

A complex mathematical function does not mean that it has a high degree of complexity ..... It means that it is a complex function as in both the dependent and independent variables are complex numbers......

Aye,aye,aye I have to show this one to my colleagues on Monday ......

I especially like a response to the above quote by another member....

"
Who knew that in a topic about posting your desktop, you'd get a chance to demonstrate your knowledge of mathematics?"

classic.

I think you misinterpreted what I meant (and I may have misinterpreted who I was originally quoting, ie. Mad Vlad); I obviously know that they are generated from using complex numbers, but thought that Vlad was talking about the "complexity" of the equations in terms of their "difficulty" (as in the commonly held idea of complexity as the opposite of simplicity); after all, there are many meanings to the word complex, and ergo by extension, complexity, such as computational complexity et al.

I would tell you that there's no need to act like such a douche about these things, when it is you who has misinterpreted what I wrote, but you seem to have become rather proficient at it...
Angel Interceptor
I think you misinterpreted what I meant (and I may have misinterpreted who I was originally quoting, ie. Mad Vlad); I obviously know that they are generated from using complex numbers, but thought that Vlad was talking about the "complexity" of the equations in terms of their "difficulty" (as in the commonly held idea of complexity as the opposite of simplicity); after all, there are many meanings to the word complex, and ergo by extension, complexity, such as computational complexity et al.

I would tell you that there's no need to act like such a douche about these things, when it is you who has misinterpreted what I wrote, but you seem to have become rather proficient at it...

lol

erm I didn't misinterpret anything, and well you know it.

MadVlad quite correctly described them as "Complex mathematical functions expressed graphically".

and then you came back saying "complexity itself does not necessarily have to be generated by a complicated source/origin."

which I am afraid really shows that you do not know what you are wittering on about.

Could you please enlighten me to what a "complicated source/origin." is as well, I cannot recall any of the lecturers that I had ever using such a "description".

I do recall that the last time you repped me you said "..Try and get a clue before commenting"...

well may I suggest that on this occasion you follow your own advice.

Anyways we can leave it there if you like, as I said you will raise a smile amongst my peers on Monday morning; thanks in advance.
Let's NOT get into a debate about what is essentially completely trivial. Christ.
Can you please STFU? Every thread, you have to disagree what is posted, and it's just getting bloody annoying now. Go find somewhere else to boost your ego.
If this gets anywhere near a debate i'm just going to lock it until you fools have decided to stop arguing.

Understand?
Reply 1793
here's my desktop: (generated at system boot using a last.fm tool)
Reply 1794
Hey.

I followe the link thats at the beginning of the thread, to get my desktop to look like a lot of yours does (Like Vista). Some of you have a clock and calendar etc on your dekstop. How do you get these on? When i selected the one i wanted i got the vista inspirat 2.

Thanks in advance
Reply 1796

Spoiler

why is she wearing chili's on her ears?
Choad

why is she wearing chili's on her ears?

I'm surprised you noticed. I didn't :p:

:teeth:
Reply 1799

Latest

Trending

Trending