The Student Room Group

Job/Right to work

So I recently got a job and my manager asked me to provide him with a share code so that they can check that I have the right to work in the uk before they can put me on shift but they haven't replied to me since a week. How long does it to take to check that I have the right to work in the UK and what does my situation now mean?
Original post by bestsong23
So I recently got a job and my manager asked me to provide him with a share code so that they can check that I have the right to work in the uk before they can put me on shift but they haven't replied to me since a week. How long does it to take to check that I have the right to work in the UK and what does my situation now mean?
It's pretty normal practice to need to see proof of right to work before employing someone. What is your status regarding citizenship/nationality?
Reply 2
@04MR17 I am of French nationality but my employer asked for my share code but haven't replied to me since a week or put me on shift! What does that mean?
@04MR17 I am of French nationality but my employer asked for my share code but haven't replied to me since a week or put me on shift! What does that mean?
I don't know what they mean by a share code. Do you?

Have you given them your share code?
Reply 5
@GabiAbi84 yes I did but they haven't replied to me yet? How long does it take to check through your share code that you have the right to work?
Reply 6
@GabiAbi84 yes I have given them my share code but they haven't replied to me yet? How long does it take to check through your share code that you have the right to work?
@GabiAbi84 yes I have given them my share code but they haven't replied to me yet? How long does it take to check through your share code that you have the right to work?
When did you send them the share code?
Reply 8
@04MR17 I send it about a week ago and haven't heard back?
@04MR17 I send it about a week ago and haven't heard back?

I would reply to your original email asking them to confirm that they have received the code.
@04MR17 thank you for answering my questions, I will do that now!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending