The Student Room Group

Applied to at least 30 jobs in the past days... heard back from maybe three

What to do? I desperately need a job. Needing money right now if I'm to do anything with my summer. I can't seem to find a job anywhere.
Original post by kkkro3
What to do? I desperately need a job. Needing money right now if I'm to do anything with my summer. I can't seem to find a job anywhere.

Don't focus on the 27 who didn't get back to you - focus in the three which did. Remember, you only need one job.

So, what did the three which replied say? Are any interested in taking your application further?
Original post by kkkro3

it seems like the only way to get one without any experience is either being very very lucky, or getting one through someone you know like a friend or relative. ask your friends that work for a job where they work thats what im doing
Every student will be in the same mindset as you right now, wanting to earn a little bit before going back.

My advice make an impression on the 3 that got back to you, say the things they want to hear and you'll be good even if you don't plan to stay there.
I'd suggest contacting a work agency... I worked for Travail a while back, within a week of calling them, I began working. They also tend to be quite flexible with work times!
Original post by kkkro3

Hi,

Maybe try applying for jobs where there is a higher chance of a quick turn-around, for example warehouses, and jobs within catering.

Kind regards,
Juzer
Cov Uni Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending