The Student Room Group

Philosophy alevel aqa help

Does anyone know where to find exam style questions with answer? My teachers tell me to make up questions due to lack of published questions but I find this is unhelpful.
There are some good things on the philosophyalevel site, but you might have to pay for exemplar answers and things as lots of questions won’t really have a mark scheme as such. Tbh you know exactly what kind of questions will come up in the exam as it will just be questions based on the specification bullet points, so you can just easily make up practice questions
Original post by Rishikaxx
Does anyone know where to find exam style questions with answer? My teachers tell me to make up questions due to lack of published questions but I find this is unhelpful.

you can find past papers and questions here for AQA
https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/philosophy/a-level/philosophy-7172/assessment-resources

I included some practice questions for all year 2 content, this stuff really helped me with my mock revision. I'm sorry i tried to find some but I couldn't find any Y1 questions in my files!

When it comes to making question, just go through the specification and you can make 3/5/12/25 mark question from that.

3 mark questions will just be definitions with three points of information,
5 marks will be descriptions of a problem or a theory, or possibly asking for two 3 mark definitions.
12 marks will usually ask for a description of a theory and explanation of a problem with it (hence two 5 markers) where you get those extra two marks is from bridging the theory and issue and explaining why that issue is specifically an issue for that theory.
25 marks your teacher should have gone thorough with you, but basically its just an evaluation of a certain theory, or a yes/no to a question witch you arrive at by evaluation certain theories.

hope this helps.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by ivywalkerrr
https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/philosophy/a-level/philosophy-7172/assessment-resources

I included some practice questions for all year 2 content, this stuff really helped me with my mock revision. I'm sorry i tried to find some but I couldn't find any Y1 questions in my files!

When it comes to making question, just go through the specification and you can make 3/5/12/25 mark question from that.

5 marks will be descriptions of a problem or a theory, or possibly asking for two 3 mark definitions.
12 marks will usually ask for a description of a theory and explanation of a problem with it (hence two 5 markers) where you get those extra two marks is from bridging the theory and issue and explaining why that issue is specifically an issue for that theory.
25 marks your teacher should have gone thorough with you, but basically its just an evaluation of a certain theory, or a yes/no to a question witch you arrive at by evaluation certain theories.

hope this helps.

Thank you!! :smile:
Reply 4

hope this helps.

Also the document you linked at the end isn’t working for me ?
Original post by Rishikaxx
Also the document you linked at the end isn’t working for me ?

If you just click it, it should auto download

hope this helps.

I just saw this- you are an absolute legend thank you xx
Also for those doing the exam this year, if you cut out the topics from the advanced information then for some topics e.g. Metaphysics of God, there are only a few 3 markers they could choose so it may help for the exam if you realise what they can ask you about and just plan in advance- there's no use wasting brain power in the exam if you can just prepare a rough answer beforehand.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending