The Student Room Group

Maths

I recently sat my November mock exams and got 74/240 in my maths exam. My exams are with aqa. Have I passed and if so with what grade? Pls answer I’m desperate 😭
Original post by CrazyMathsGenie
I recently sat my November mock exams and got 74/240 in my maths exam. My exams are with aqa. Have I passed and if so with what grade? Pls answer I’m desperate 😭

Also I got 73/240 combined from papers 1,2 and 3
Original post by CrazyMathsGenie
Also I got 73/240 combined from papers 1,2 and 3

Were you sitting Foundation or Higher?

The grade boundaries vary year upon year, but to give you an approximate idea, the 2019 grade boundaries look like this:

Higher Tier
Grade 3 - 27
Grade 4 - 43
Grade 5 - 74
Grade 6 - 104

Foundation Tier
Grade 2 - 57
Grade 3 - 89
Grade 4 - 122
Grade 5 - 157

So basically, if it was higher tier, you are approximately around the boundary between grade 4 and 5. If it was foundation tier, you are working approximately around a grade 2.
Original post by bluebeetle
Were you sitting Foundation or Higher?

The grade boundaries vary year upon year, but to give you an approximate idea, the 2019 grade boundaries look like this:

Higher Tier
Grade 3 - 27
Grade 4 - 43
Grade 5 - 74
Grade 6 - 104

Foundation Tier
Grade 2 - 57
Grade 3 - 89
Grade 4 - 122
Grade 5 - 157

So basically, if it was higher tier, you are approximately around the boundary between grade 4 and 5. If it was foundation tier, you are working approximately around a grade 2.

When receiving my results I had actually bagged a 5 😂
now I have completed my gcse exams and managed to get a 6 in my February mock exam- as a higher student. I am awaiting my results on October 25th next month. Wish me luck 🍀 !x

Quick Reply

Latest