The Student Room Group

What should i do?- A level Chemistry

Hi,

I am in yr12 and tomorrow I have a chemistry test. It is on the whole of module 2, the first two chapters of module 3, and the first 3 chapters of module 4. So I am confident in the first chapter of module 3 and confident in module 4. The rest I need to either self-teach now, which would take for ages and will be rushed or I could do as many past papers I can and just learn the answers. Hoping for the best. What should I do?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
practice questions always worked the best for me and then going over whatever I didn't do well in practice, good luck! :h:
A better use of your time would be to prepare for your test tomorrow rather than posting on the internet to ask how to prepare for it...also there is no need to bump your thread less than an hour after posting it. You shouldn't bump your thread more than once every 12 hours after posting it or after it's dropped of the first page of the forum you posted it in, neither of which have elapsed...

Since it's just a test you would be better off trying to learn the material thoroughly than trying to do past papers in the hopes that the questions are the same - because then if you do well it doesn't actually reflect your understanding of the topics.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Markvokin
Hi,

I am in yr12 and tomorrow I have a chemistry test. It is on the whole of module 2, the first two chapters of module 3, and the first 3 chapters of module 4. So I am confident in the first chapter of module 3 and confident in module 4. The rest I need to either self-teach now, which would take for ages and will be rushed or I could do as many past papers I can and just learn the answers. Hoping for the best. What should I do?

You're pretty screwed then - you have half-a-day remaining to do the majority of stuff which is going to be in the test. It's not going to happen.

Advice - work more consistently in future to prevent this happening again.
Reply 4
watch videos via Allery Chemistry on YouTube if you do OCR, or Elliot Rintoul if you do AQA. Once you've gone through the topics do practise questions for each topic on Physics and Maths Tutor + Save My Exams so you can practise applying your knowledge. Don't do the past papers in hopes you'll get the same qs in your exam, use the questions as a way of applying what you've learnt from making notes or watching videos. Textbook questions are always great too, don't underestimate the end of chapter qs!!!

you're in year 12 so if this test goes bad don't panic too much, you still have lots of time to improve, especially over summer, but in the future please start planning a bit more for your exams and prepare your revision resources as you go along so you have all your flashcards or mindmaps or whatever you use to revise ready for any tests like this, it'll save you a lot of stress !! :h: good luck with your test, remember to go through it once it's been marked to identify your mistakes and prepare for the next ones a bit more in advance !!! ☘️
Reply 5
Original post by artful_lounger
A better use of your time would be to prepare for your test tomorrow rather than posting on the internet to ask how to prepare for it...also there is no need to bump your thread less than an hour after posting it. You shouldn't bump your thread more than once every 12 hours after posting it or after it's dropped of the first page of the forum you posted it in, neither of which have elapsed...

Since it's just a test you would be better off trying to learn the material thoroughly than trying to do past papers in the hopes that the questions are the same - because then if you do well it doesn't actually reflect your understanding of the topics.

It really isn't that deep
Reply 6
Original post by aliaa03
watch videos via Allery Chemistry on YouTube if you do OCR, or Elliot Rintoul if you do AQA. Once you've gone through the topics do practise questions for each topic on Physics and Maths Tutor + Save My Exams so you can practise applying your knowledge. Don't do the past papers in hopes you'll get the same qs in your exam, use the questions as a way of applying what you've learnt from making notes or watching videos. Textbook questions are always great too, don't underestimate the end of chapter qs!!!

you're in year 12 so if this test goes bad don't panic too much, you still have lots of time to improve, especially over summer, but in the future please start planning a bit more for your exams and prepare your revision resources as you go along so you have all your flashcards or mindmaps or whatever you use to revise ready for any tests like this, it'll save you a lot of stress !! :h: good luck with your test, remember to go through it once it's been marked to identify your mistakes and prepare for the next ones a bit more in advance !!! ☘️

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest