What to do between mocks and real exams if you fail?

Watch this thread
username3563638
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I personally didn’t do well in one of my alevel mocks and haven’t got the rest back yet. Any ideas/ advice to help those who’ve tried hard and still failed would be appreciated.

I use past papers, econplusdal revision guides an honestly, failing came as a shock to me seeing as I’m predicted an A

Mythical Pingu
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
Hi,

Sorry to hear it didn't go as well as you'd hoped. I'd say it's important to get some feedback from your teacher about what went wrong, so that you can address the issue before the real thing. It could be one gap in your understanding that brought the mark down, which might be fairly straight forward to sort out alongside your usual revision techniques. Definitely worth finding out some details from the teacher, in my opinion.

Good luck

MP
username3563638
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by Mythical Pingu)
Hi,

Sorry to hear it didn't go as well as you'd hoped. I'd say it's important to get some feedback from your teacher about what went wrong, so that you can address the issue before the real thing. It could be one gap in your understanding that brought the mark down, which might be fairly straight forward to sort out alongside your usual revision techniques. Definitely worth finding out some details from the teacher, in my opinion.

Good luck

MP
Thank you very much , I only got my section A back because I was in his classroom today, I got 40%. I haven’t looked at the every mistake but mostly just misread the questions and some other silly mistakes. It’s a bit of a shame because I wanted to do really well in my mocks in case exams are cancelled
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (66)
16.14%
The paper was reasonable (200)
48.9%
Not feeling great about that exam... (101)
24.69%
It was TERRIBLE (42)
10.27%

Watched Threads