The Student Room Group

Dont understand pressure for mocks

I have mock exams in about a week, I dont understand why people are stressing so much over them if they dont go towards predicted grades or university. They're just to see where ur currently at. I get if its to do with confidence but i feel like im missing smt bc yes i am stresses but i dont feel like its the end of the world if I get Cs as i havent been revising much atm. During our mocks, you also get study leave so idk why people are stressing over christmas and trying to revise everything now rather than splitting it up. Am i missing smt?
Original post by Anonymous
I have mock exams in about a week, I dont understand why people are stressing so much over them if they dont go towards predicted grades or university. They're just to see where ur currently at. I get if its to do with confidence but i feel like im missing smt bc yes i am stresses but i dont feel like its the end of the world if I get Cs as i havent been revising much atm. During our mocks, you also get study leave so idk why people are stressing over christmas and trying to revise everything now rather than splitting it up. Am i missing smt?

I think some people feel mocks reflect what they will actually get in the real exams and if they do not get the grades they need then they have failed (which isn't true). Last minute revision isn't as effective as splitting it up and revising it over a longer period of time.
Also if someone needs AAA to get into their favourite uni they might get BBB and be fine but if they get a C they might not think they can go up two grades. Also I found that I could judge how well I thought I did in mocks and then for the real exams I had better expectations about what I was going to get so wasn't as stressed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending