The Student Room Group

GCSE options - graphic design

i am currently in year 9, my school picks 3 GCSE topics in year 8, and 2 in year 9.
I am currently doing 3 year art, history and 1 year citizenship. i get the choice of 2 more options this year and I don't know what to take.
I am thinking of imedia since I want to be a graphic designer. My school doesn't have a graphics option, imedia or media is the closest i can get. i also don't know what to pick for my second option.
any suggestions?? :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by catsaresocute
i am currently in year 9, my school picks 3 GCSE topics in year 8, and 2 in year 9.
I am currently doing 3 year art, history and 1 year citizenship. i get the choice of 2 more options this year and I don't know what to take.
I am thinking of imedia since I want to be a graphic designer. My school doesn't have a graphics option, imedia or media is the closest i can get. i also don't know what to pick for my second option.
any suggestions?? :smile:

Try and go for stuff that you are interested in. This way, you should do better as well. When I did GCSEs, I took: double science, english lang + lit, maths. and then for my options: history, art, computer science (I don't know why I did this to myself), and DT. Now at A-Level I take: art, psychology, and history, with a view to take art at Uni.
Since your school doesn't offer it, you could take one of the courses that is closest to it, maybe do some courses over the summer if you can find any, and then pick somewhere for 16-18 education (if you choose to do this) that would let you take a graphic design course.

Quick Reply

Latest