The Student Room Group

Does anyone else suffer from globus hystericus?

Hi! I have been suffering from globus hystericus for 7 years now but only recently have I found anyone else like me. It is a physical symptom of anxiety (although it can happen to me from eating, too - maybe more on the lines of globus pharyngus or something like that?) and it has sometimes made me physically throw up and can last for entire days. There are varous symptoms and causes but, to put it simply, it feels like there's a lump in my throat. I was wondering whether other people out there have it too?
I don't throw up but I do get it when I'm having a panic attack and it makes me gag sometimes :smile:
That sounds similar to mine then :frown:
Is there a way you manage to make it better?
I have it right now and I had to stop work to lie down :angry:
Surely it’s not as rare as it seems…
Reply 6
does it sorta feel like someone has their hand wrapped around your throat? and your neck feels oversensitive to literally everything? i get that sometimes, usually when i'm over-stressed. benzos make it go away in like 30 mins tops
Original post by Ciel.
does it sorta feel like someone has their hand wrapped around your throat? and your neck feels oversensitive to literally everything? i get that sometimes, usually when i'm over-stressed. benzos make it go away in like 30 mins tops

Yes but most is from the inside, almost like something is rubbing up and down.
Reply 8
Original post by iL1L
Yes but most is from the inside, almost like something is rubbing up and down.

i'm sure benzos will sort it out for you. speak to your doctor
Original post by Ciel.
i'm sure benzos will sort it out for you. speak to your doctor

Thank you. I'll speak to my GP

Quick Reply

Latest