The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Flying to the uk need to know term dates for the univeristy of brighton

I am dual citizen portuguese and british flying to england this september for a business management course that is supposed to begin on the 26th.
I am booking the flight and would like to know on what is the earliest date we are allowed to move in to the dorms . So I can settle in and establish myself in the uk.
You normally move in over the weekend and then start on the Monday. So for you that’s the 24th and 25th
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Original post by Sarah54312
I am dual citizen portuguese and british flying to england this september for a business management course that is supposed to begin on the 26th.
I am booking the flight and would like to know on what is the earliest date we are allowed to move in to the dorms . So I can settle in and establish myself in the uk.

Have you got an unconditional place?

I'd contact the uni - they'll be the only ones who'll know for sure.
Reply 3
Original post by WantBeAnonymous
You normally move in over the weekend and then start on the Monday. So for you that’s the 24th and 25th

I thought about that but was confused because all the other universities I have looked up mention a fresher s week .
That made me think I could move in a week before.
Thanks for the information and your help . I really am an idiot/
Wish you luck this year
Reply 4
Original post by Muttley79
Have you got an unconditional place?

I'd contact the uni - they'll be the only ones who'll know for sure.

Well they havent replied to my application yet but all the universities I picked are in the south east so I thought that booking a flight to london was the obvious solution whatever university ends up accepting me.
I also have vouchers from the pandemic that expire at the end of this month that could cover my flight.
I thought about that but was confused because all the other universities I have looked up mention a fresher s week .
That made me think I could move in a week before.
Thanks for the information and your help . I really am an idiot/
Wish you luck this year

https://www.brighton.ac.uk/about-us/news-and-events/term-dates/index.aspx

The teaching does not start until 3rd October
Reply 6
Original post by Muttley79

Yeah but knowing the earliest date I can move is vital. I am going to need time to settle in ,know the area and visit the portuguese consulate.
But thanks for your help . Always appreciated
Yeah but knowing the earliest date I can move is vital. I am going to need time to settle in ,know the area and visit the portuguese consulate.
But thanks for your help . Always appreciated

Ask the uni then - have you seen their web pages for International students?

You could move into a cheap B&B if you are concerend about 'settling in' - the consultate will be in London won't it?
Reply 8

The date you can move into your accommodation will depend on your accommodation provider. These dates won't necessarily line up with the date that your course starts.

Talk to the accommodation provider. As someone coming from abroad, asking if you can move in a little earlier sounds perfectly reasonable. Even in university-run accommodation it's likely you can arrive a few days earlier. At worst you may be in one set of accomodation for a few days before you move into your longer-term room.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending