The Student Room Group

Brighton College Entrance 2023

Hi there! I'm currently applying to Brighton College 2023-2024 year 10 and I just have a few questions. I'm just wondering what I need to study for the entrance exam? Is it difficult? If I pass this exam, does this guarantee entrance, or do they factor in other things too like the interview? I'm really nervous haha thanks for reading <3

Scroll to see replies

Hey,

I did the college assessments a few weeks ago. I am applying for Brighton college sixth form. They considered that for then giving me an interview which I have got this Saturday. I think they consider your assessment scores, mock results, interview, predicted grades and teacher reference.

Hope this helps.
Original post by Blazing_Legend
Hey,

I did the college assessments a few weeks ago. I am applying for Brighton college sixth form. They considered that for then giving me an interview which I have got this Saturday. I think they consider your assessment scores, mock results, interview, predicted grades and teacher reference.

Hope this helps.

Hi, tysm for responding! I already took the exam and I think I did really badly on the maths part but I think I did quite well for the interview and the English part.

My school informed me before I took the exam that they are quite behind on the education system so I'm hoping (but honestly quite doubt) that Brighton will take this into account. I know there's a really small chance I got in but I really hope I did haha

Good luck on your interview! I don't know if you need to hear this or not but don't be too nervous, they'll just ask a few basic questions about yourself and that's about it. I know you'll do great :smile:
Sorry was just scrolling past this thread. I did the interview today and I think I did ok. My grades are decent (all 9s) and I have already done 1 GCSE (I got a 9) so that should give me a good chance. Let’s see how it goes.

Which school do you go to?
Original post by JellyNeedsHelp
Hi, tysm for responding! I already took the exam and I think I did really badly on the maths part but I think I did quite well for the interview and the English part.

My school informed me before I took the exam that they are quite behind on the education system so I'm hoping (but honestly quite doubt) that Brighton will take this into account. I know there's a really small chance I got in but I really hope I did haha

Good luck on your interview! I don't know if you need to hear this or not but don't be too nervous, they'll just ask a few basic questions about yourself and that's about it. I know you'll do great :smile:

Thank You so much. 🙃 I had it today and think it went well. Let’s see
Original post by huatsai26
Hi, I've got an interview this Saturday too and I'm wondering whta day did you receive the email saying you've got the interview?

Hi I've got an interview on Saturday too, I was wondering what day you received the email saying you've got an interview?

It was Tuesday - 15th November
Hi, I'm wondering what are the questions they ask in the interview would you be able to give me some suggestions and also I'm so confused-why did you have the interview already? are you going for another scholarship?

Thanks

Hey, the questions for the interview were pretty easy imo. They were quite basic questions that you could probably find online such as "Why did you apply to Brighton?" "Tell me about yourself?" etc etc. I applied pretty early, I think maybe around 1 year-6 months ago plus I'm an international student so I don't think I have the same schedule as those in the UK if that makes sense? I haven't gotten any offers for scholarships or anything yet but I'm going to get my results on the 24th of November (getting ready for my demise rn lol). I wish you luck on the application process, don't stress, I'm sure you'll be great!
Thank You so much. 🙃 I had it today and think it went well. Let’s see

That's great! I wish you good luck with your application :smile:
Thanks a lot. Good with your application aswell. :smile:

That's great! I wish you good luck with your application :smile:

I just found out that there are only 10 seats available to people from overseas.
I just found out that there are only 10 seats available to people from overseas.

I also applied - can I ask where you got this information?
Original post by intrigue0
I also applied - can I ask where you got this information?

One of the students told me. They were in charge of helping out students on te day.

It's alright haha, I didn't really expect to make it into the school anyways. It also turns out that my mom applied for a job in London (which I think is kinda far from Brighton if I'm not mistaken?) so I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Imma just pretend I wasn't being stupid on the test and say it just wasn't my ✨destiny✨ lmao
It's alright haha, I didn't really expect to make it into the school anyways. It also turns out that my mom applied for a job in London (which I think is kinda far from Brighton if I'm not mistaken?) so I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Imma just pretend I wasn't being stupid on the test and say it just wasn't my ✨destiny✨ lmao

On dear :frown:. Well, have you applied to any other schools? When do you know the nature of your application?
Hey, the questions for the interview were pretty easy imo. They were quite basic questions that you could probably find online such as "Why did you apply to Brighton?" "Tell me about yourself?" etc etc. I applied pretty early, I think maybe around 1 year-6 months ago plus I'm an international student so I don't think I have the same schedule as those in the UK if that makes sense? I haven't gotten any offers for scholarships or anything yet but I'm going to get my results on the 24th of November (getting ready for my demise rn lol). I wish you luck on the application process, don't stress, I'm sure you'll be great!

Hey did you get in?
I thought on the Brighton website it said that offers were coming out in December?
I thought on the Brighton website it said that offers were coming out in December?

For the international students, it said November 24th
Ah, I'm also an international student but don't have any emails from Brighton College as far as I know - did u get one @Blazing_Legend?
Ah, I'm also an international student but don't have any emails from Brighton College as far as I know - did u get one @Blazing_Legend?

I am not an international student. I am applying as a day pupil as I live in Brighton. I think if I got in, I should get my email before Saturday, 3rd December.

Good luck!
Did anyone get in?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending