The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Anyone who applied to Warwick for a postgraduate program and hasn't heard back yet?

I applied to Warwick for their Postgrad Degree "Arts, Enterprise & Development" on the 16th of Dec 2021. I still haven't heard back. Should I be worried? I asked their dept and they said it is not unusual.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I applied to Warwick for their Postgrad Degree "Arts, Enterprise & Development" on the 16th of Dec 2021. I still haven't heard back. Should I be worried? I asked their dept and they said it is not unusual.

Hi,

I'm a current post grad studying MSc Comp Sci at Warwick. I applied around November time and didn't get my offer until the 15th April. So try not to worry, and if you have any questions about Warwick, please let me know!

Davina
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by Warwick PG Rep
Hi,

I'm a current post grad studying MSc Comp Sci at Warwick. I applied around November time and didn't get my offer until the 15th April. So try not to worry, and if you have any questions about Warwick, please let me know!

Davina

Hello! That is reassuring to hear. Just today my application moved to the second stage of initial assessment. I have some questions regarding the accommodation, would you be able to assist me with that? I'm an international student, therefore a little lost and confused.
Reply 3
Hello! That is reassuring to hear. Just today my application moved to the second stage of initial assessment. I have some questions regarding the accommodation, would you be able to assist me with that? I'm an international student, therefore a little lost and confused.

I also received an email from the course director saying a decision has been made and I will be contacted within 10 days.

Great!

And yes of course, I'm a student ambassador at the university so I've given lots of accommodation tours in my time at Warwick, so any questions you have I'm happy to answer.

Davina
Reply 5
I'm looking at the following accommodations:

On Campus - Heronbank & Lakeside

Off Campus - AXO Sherborne Village

Personally, I really liked Sherborne Village for various reasons (Bigger better rooms, cost effective also) but it is a long commute to University. Would it be easy for me to find bus commute to University?

I also wanted to ask, for Masters programs, how often do classes take place? Depending on that I'd like to decide whether to stay on or off campus.
Reply 6

Personally, I really liked Sherborne Village for various reasons (Bigger better rooms, cost effective also) but it is a long commute to University. Would it be easy for me to find bus commute to University?

I also wanted to ask, for Masters programs, how often do classes take place? Depending on that I'd like to decide whether to stay on or off campus.

Adding to that, what are the bus fares like in Coventry?

Heronbank and Lakeside are two great accommodations. They're in the area of campus know as 'Lakeside', which is typically a quieter area with a lovely lake and pretty views. It won't be as busy as central campus as it's a bit of a step back from the SU and library road.

With regards to AXO Sherborne village, there are very regular buses to Coventry from the 'Bus Interchange' on campus. In my experience, most undergrad Warwick students either live within walking distance to campus (Canley area) or a longer commute but a lovely town called Leamington Spa. Whilst from the people I have met on my course, most live in Coventry and a few in Leamington (like myself). So if your priority is room space, I wouldn't worry about the commute.

With regards to contact hours, it's very dependent on your course. For Comp Sci, we have 2 or 3 lectures a week per module as well as a lab or seminar, and the average amount of modules per term is 4. So I find I'm on campus a reasonable amount, however with blended learning content still in place, I have been opting to watch lectures on line for the past week or so I can concentrate on my assignments. Getting in contact with your department would probably be the best way to find out about contact hours for your course.

Hope this helps, any other questions let me know.

Davina
Reply 8
Heronbank and Lakeside are two great accommodations. They're in the area of campus know as 'Lakeside', which is typically a quieter area with a lovely lake and pretty views. It won't be as busy as central campus as it's a bit of a step back from the SU and library road.

With regards to AXO Sherborne village, there are very regular buses to Coventry from the 'Bus Interchange' on campus. In my experience, most undergrad Warwick students either live within walking distance to campus (Canley area) or a longer commute but a lovely town called Leamington Spa. Whilst from the people I have met on my course, most live in Coventry and a few in Leamington (like myself). So if your priority is room space, I wouldn't worry about the commute.

With regards to contact hours, it's very dependent on your course. For Comp Sci, we have 2 or 3 lectures a week per module as well as a lab or seminar, and the average amount of modules per term is 4. So I find I'm on campus a reasonable amount, however with blended learning content still in place, I have been opting to watch lectures on line for the past week or so I can concentrate on my assignments. Getting in contact with your department would probably be the best way to find out about contact hours for your course.

Hope this helps, any other questions let me know.

Davina

Thank you so much! This was very helpful indeed. Ok as long as there are plenty of bus routes nearby, I'm not too concerned with the commute.

One last question, I hope classes will continue to also take place on campus because I would hate to not be able to come and instead attend classes from my home country. It is a relief to hear that some classes are happening in person.
Thank you so much! This was very helpful indeed. Ok as long as there are plenty of bus routes nearby, I'm not too concerned with the commute.

One last question, I hope classes will continue to also take place on campus because I would hate to not be able to come and instead attend classes from my home country. It is a relief to hear that some classes are happening in person.

No worries!

I believe a return is £4 and a single is £2.20 from campus.

Yea, it's great to be in person again, especially for seminars and labs. We currently have no restrictions in the UK and I've had in person teaching of some form since September, so that's has been a great experience. What's quite useful is most lecturers are posting their online content from last year as well as in person lectures, so if you need to go over something or you miss a lecture, it's really useful.

Davina
No worries!

I believe a return is £4 and a single is £2.20 from campus.

Yea, it's great to be in person again, especially for seminars and labs. We currently have no restrictions in the UK and I've had in person teaching of some form since September, so that's has been a great experience. What's quite useful is most lecturers are posting their online content from last year as well as in person lectures, so if you need to go over something or you miss a lecture, it's really useful.

Davina

Thank you so much Davina! All of this information has been extremely helpful.
Reply 11
Hey has anybody heard back from MS in marketing and strategy at Warwick. I applied on 28th feb and my application is still in application received stage. The acknowledgment email stated that I will receive a decision in 6 weeks. It has been more than 6 weeks and my application is not even in review yet. I have tried emailing Warwick but have not heard back. Any help would be appreciated.
Original post by Naazma
Hey has anybody heard back from MS in marketing and strategy at Warwick. I applied on 28th feb and my application is still in application received stage. The acknowledgment email stated that I will receive a decision in 6 weeks. It has been more than 6 weeks and my application is not even in review yet. I have tried emailing Warwick but have not heard back. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

I'm a current MSc student at Warwick. I applied in November 2020 and heard back late April 2021. It's harder said than done, but try not worry, the University typically has lots of applications to process and how long it takes for you to hear back isn't indicative of how you're application is being viewed, there is just a large backlog this time of year.

Any other questions, please let me know.

Davina
Reply 13
Hi,

I'm a current MSc student at Warwick. I applied in November 2020 and heard back late April 2021. It's harder said than done, but try not worry, the University typically has lots of applications to process and how long it takes for you to hear back isn't indicative of how you're application is being viewed, there is just a large backlog this time of year.

Any other questions, please let me know.

Davina

Hey Davina,

thank you very much for the reply! but I am worried because I have to reply to other universities by first week of may and warwick was one of my top choices and if I let go of warwick and pay deposit at other university and get selected at Warwick later it will be kind of disheartening... its a bit disappointing to not hear back yet but I understand the process can be a bit daunting and tedious.
Original post by Naazma
Hey Davina,

thank you very much for the reply! but I am worried because I have to reply to other universities by first week of may and warwick was one of my top choices and if I let go of warwick and pay deposit at other university and get selected at Warwick later it will be kind of disheartening... its a bit disappointing to not hear back yet but I understand the process can be a bit daunting and tedious.

Hi,

That is unfortunate, I know someone who asked for an extension on an offer once whilst they were still waiting to hear back. I'm not sure if that's an option for you, but could be worth a try?

Have you been emailing [email protected] ?

Davina
Reply 15
Hi,

That is unfortunate, I know someone who asked for an extension on an offer once whilst they were still waiting to hear back. I'm not sure if that's an option for you, but could be worth a try?

Have you been emailing [email protected] ?

Davina

Yes I have mailed for an extension. Thank you for the email. I have been filling the contact us form on the applicant portal. will try with this email too.
Original post by Naazma
Yes I have mailed for an extension. Thank you for the email. I have been filling the contact us form on the applicant portal. will try with this email too.

They also have a phone number: +442476150333, this was from the 'Contact Us' button at the MSc Management website: https://www.wbs.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate/management/ . Hope this helps!
Reply 17
They also have a phone number: +442476150333, this was from the 'Contact Us' button at the MSc Management website: https://www.wbs.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate/management/ . Hope this helps!

Thank you for all your help! It was really helpful
Original post by Naazma
Thank you for all your help! It was really helpful

No worries! Any other questions, let me know :smile:
Original post by Naazma

Hey, I'm the same boat! Applied for Marketing and Strategy on 18th Feb and my application hasn't moved to the initial assessment stage yet. I understand that there's been an increase in applications this year but I am a little nervous as I'm an international student and need to apply for a student visa + need to respond to my other offers by May 2nd (this is with a deadline extension). I emailed them from the applicant portal but they haven't replied. Does anyone if I can contact the Marketing and Strategy department directly?

Quick Reply

Latest