The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

nottingham or bristol uni

i got an offer from nottingham for finance, acc and management and from bristol for accounting and management. i’ve compared both courses and think they’re both great content-wise. which city and uni is better? and does anybody know anything about the job prospects in each city? thank u!
Original post by Anonymous
i got an offer from nottingham for finance, acc and management and from bristol for accounting and management. i’ve compared both courses and think they’re both great content-wise. which city and uni is better? and does anybody know anything about the job prospects in each city? thank u!

Hey,

I am a current 3rd year student at Nottingham.
I don't study your course so can't say too much on that however it seems you have already looked into it.

In terms of the city I was actually pleasantly surprised when I arrived. Not many people from my school or area come to Nottingham so I had no idea what it would be like but it has everything I could want as a student. There is lots of really nice independent restaurants and bars to try and if you enjoy going out there is a different student night in a different club every night. Most bars will also have a student discount on specific nights too. There is quite a few different clubs all of which play slightly or very different music to each other so there is normally something for everyone. There is also a range of music venues of all sizes so if you are into your music there is normally cheap tickets to the smaller venues available for most gigs but also the motorpoint arena has some really big artists play there. The city also has the castle and caves which are discounted for students to look around and are quite a unique thing to Nottingham.
The city is also really well connected by the busses, trams and train station. You can get cheap train tickets to most places around the country which is great when visiting friends or going home.

The campus itself is realty nice. There is lots of green space which is great to chill out on in the summer and dotted around campus there is libraries and working spaces so it is never too hard to find a nice space to work. The sports facilities are really modern and on main campus, along with the sports halls, courts and gyms, there is a swimming pool and climbing wall. The uni also has so many societies, some of which are so random, to try. During freshers week, most will have free taster sessions which is a great way to meet new people. I would defiantly recommend getting involved in as many things as you can wherever you end up as it makes the first few weeks of term much less nerve wracking.

The careers service at uni is really helpful. You can book appointments with them to discuss where to look for jobs or what you can expect from your degree but also for CV checks and interview prep which has been really useful for me when applying to jobs. As Nottingham is a well connected city, there is usually a lot of jobs going in the city or surrounding area. As for finance, I can't comment too much but I know from applying to science (Biology) based jobs that there is plenty out there. Having both uni of and Nottingham trent in the same city means that a lot of companies offer grad jobs to cater for the large student population.

I hope this helps but if you have any questions just let me know,
Emily :smile:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending