The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Opinions on Nottingham

So I've gotten back all my offers and have come into a problem because I only gave myself one choice for a safety, and the way it has worked out all my other offers are the same or higher than my firm. Normally this wouldn't matter because I would have wanted to put bristol or Durham as my top choice, but I have ended up with an offer from oxford and am now feeling like the drop if I miss my grades is so much bigger and there is way more pressure. What I want really is a better idea of what Nottingham is like, and whether having oxford and nottingham is a wide gap for final choices.
Original post by AnnaSR
So I've gotten back all my offers and have come into a problem because I only gave myself one choice for a safety, and the way it has worked out all my other offers are the same or higher than my firm. Normally this wouldn't matter because I would have wanted to put bristol or Durham as my top choice, but I have ended up with an offer from oxford and am now feeling like the drop if I miss my grades is so much bigger and there is way more pressure. What I want really is a better idea of what Nottingham is like, and whether having oxford and nottingham is a wide gap for final choices.

You haven't mentioned which of your offers you're thinking of firming. Oxford?

You haven't mentioned what grades any of you offers are for. You imply that Nottingham is lower, but that Bristol and Durham are more than (or the same as) Oxford. Is that right?

You say that the problem you have is that you "only gave myself one choice for a safety". You can only select one offer as your insurance choice, so you don't need more than one anyway.

Now that you have an offer from Oxford, as you saying that going to Nottingham would be beneath you somehow? Presumably you like Nottingham, why is why you applied. Do you not like it any more?

What is the grade difference between the Oxford offer and the Nottingham offer?

You've only mentioned four unis. What happened to your fifth choice?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending