The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

[Deleted]

No text.
(edited 2 years ago)
Well, as you clearly know, they're general policy is to prefer candidates who didn't resit. However, as you say, this doesn't look like it should apply to you.

https://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/meet-visit-and-discover-LSE/COVID-19/Coronavirus-FAQs-for-prospective-applicants says:

"If I am unhappy with my calculated A level grades received in Summer 2021 and decide to ‘re-sit’ exams in order to apply for entry in September 2022, will I be disadvantaged?

If you are unhappy with a calculated grade received in summer 2021 and subsequently decide to sit the exams in autumn 2021, we will not consider them as re-sits and you will not be disadvantaged. You are expected to sit the exam at the earliest available opportunity, i.e Autumn 2021."

That applies to you, right? Your Summer 2021 grade was a calculated / teacher assessed grade - correct? (I know no-one in the UK took A levels in Summer 2021, but it's possible you're outside the UK and did manage to actually sit them.)

I'd drop the admissions office an e-mail, referring to the above link (or any similar explanation you can find on their site) and ask them to clarify their decision in light of it.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending