The Student Room Group

What A level subjects should i take for top unis?!

Hey,
I’m thinking about taking Mathematics and Economics, i want the third subject to be easy so that i can get an A* but still respectable enough that i can get into top unis like Oxford for economics/Finance.
I’m guessing for business studies.

What do you guys think?
And maybe also an AS level english general.( not sure)

Thanks
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Lucifer14
Hey,
I’m thinking about taking Mathematics and Economics, i want the third subject to be easy so that i can get an A* but still respectable enough that i can get into top unis like Oxford for economics/Finance.
I’m guessing for business studies.

What do you guys think?
And maybe also an AS level english general.( not sure)

Thanks

What subjects you take don't matter, its just your grades. Some uni's don't like students taking business & econ though as they think they are too similar.
I wouldn't recommend taking Business Studies and Economics together, they are very similar at A Level. Economics is more "respectable" for top universities so I would personally go for that if that's what you're after, but don't just choose it over Business because of that reason. You should consider a more diverse, unrelated subject for your third such as MFL, Computer Science etc.
There’s no such thing as ‘respected’ subjects from an admissions POV. There’s essential and preferred subjects. Outside of that, pick whatever you enjoy or will do best in.
Reply 4
I am interested in this to
Reply 5
Business studies and economics can sometimes clash. I would recommend maybe opting for English Language as it is a good way to show you are capable of strong language skills and have the ability to write for different functions, it is honestly a great all-round subject and very interesting!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending