The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics Paper 1 (Non-Calculator) Higher 1MA1 1H - 20 May 2022 [Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by b1nary
i go to a grammar school too and do edexcel...?

iirc Edexcel is by far the most popular exam board for GCSE & A-level maths. (like double+ that of second most popular) There's standardisation to make sure the exam boards are roughly comparable as well, or at least that this is accounted for in the grade boundaries.
Original post by Agnes79
I am mature student and I sat AQA Gcse paper 1 last week .It was much easier then previous years and we had exact trigonometry values ( three values multiple together) for 3 points.You might not be aware yet because you are all young people just entering the big world and I have to tell you that all grammar and privet schools students do AQA Maths rather then Edexcel because so many people believe AQA is easier then Edexcel.So as you can see poor have to work harder then the rich folks from earlier age.But you can do it .Do practice rather then just watch videos.Keep trying answering maths questions.I am using Mr Barton maths takeaway.He has questions with model answers for every topic.And don’t forget that even if you didn’t do as well as you wished, it is not the end of the world .Life goes on Good luck for paper 2 and 3

Thats not true whatsoever lad I used to go private and I might go next year. Edexcel is easier for maths and harder for science. Lots of private schools do edexcel for science which is actually harder and covers more content. For A level maths some private schools do the mei board which is suicide as well. However the rlly trash private skls do the easier boards. I go to a grammar school rn and do edexcel.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Usernamesaredum
Speaking of exact trig values, can some be written in different ways?

yes i believe some can be rationalised into a different one, for example sin(45) can be written as root 2/2 but then can be rationalised to the form of 1/root2, both are correct
I cant be the only one who found it hard. I am confident that i will get method marks because i knew what i was doing but the type of questions we got asked were not like the questions i did in hundreds of past papers. like the 2 questions where you have to rearrange it into the quadratic formulae caught me off guard. i managed to do it and came to an answer that seemed okay. I'm normally quite good at maths and im aiming to get a grade 9 but yeah, it was weird for me.
dw ot wasthe se for .either relying on paper 3 to balance put my marks have a feeling I did so badd on paper 1
Original post by t.airakev
I cant be the only one who found it hard. I am confident that i will get method marks because i knew what i was doing but the type of questions we got asked were not like the questions i did in hundreds of past papers. like the 2 questions where you have to rearrange it into the quadratic formulae caught me off guard. i managed to do it and came to an answer that seemed okay. I'm normally quite good at maths and im aiming to get a grade 9 but yeah, it was weird for me.

Everyone found it hard.
My friend who naturally gets grade 9s (does zero revision) says he didn't even want to talk about it afterwards.
My teacher also said that Edexcel like to put one very very hard question on 1 paper each year - if she's right then the final question on the paper 1 was that question.
Don't worry! You'll do fine, do you need to get the grade 9?
Original post by t.airakev

i found it so difficult i really hope i scrape a 4 ha
Original post by radicaledward
Everyone found it hard.
My friend who naturally gets grade 9s (does zero revision) says he didn't even want to talk about it afterwards.
My teacher also said that Edexcel like to put one very very hard question on 1 paper each year - if she's right then the final question on the paper 1 was that question.
Don't worry! You'll do fine, do you need to get the grade 9?

im aiming for a grade 9 but for a level i only need a 8 :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending