The Student Room Group

Robert Walker Essay

Hey. Everybody! I was just wondering if anybody could pm me a copy of the Robert Walker Essay Prize that they wrote for previous years? It would be really helpful to see what kind of thing that they are expecting. Or if that’s not possible, where I could get access to some past answers? Thanks so much everyone!
Original post by Absalom_Heller
Hey. Everybody! I was just wondering if anybody could pm me a copy of the Robert Walker Essay Prize that they wrote for previous years? It would be really helpful to see what kind of thing that they are expecting. Or if that’s not possible, where I could get access to some past answers? Thanks so much everyone!

I'm also trying to look for some! If u can find any, pm me! How are u finding this year's question? I'm really confused because it mentions 'occupiers of land', but also just general 'owners'.......
Original post by Absalom_Heller

Type 'Should legal disputes be decided by artificial, rather than human means?' `into google and click on the link on the 'unchained library website' for a 1st prize example. There are also plenty of other Oxbridge-competition model essays for you to work off online: pieces on Philosophy, History, English etc will all help with writing style. I'd also head over to JSTOR and law journals to locate the debate around the subject (though avoid ones from the 1950-70s -- these are well past their sell by date and can sound quite pompous, lol).
Hope that helps :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Blue Guitar
Type 'Should legal disputes be decided by artificial, rather than human means?' `into google and click on the link on the 'unchained library website' for a 1st prize example. There are also plenty of other Oxbridge-competition model essays for you to work off online: pieces on Philosophy, History, English etc will all help with writing style. I'd also head over to JSTOR and law journals to locate the debate around the subject (though avoid ones from the 1950-70s -- these are well past their sell by date and can sound quite pompous, lol).
Hope that helps :smile:

Thank you so much for the essay example! I just skimmed through it and it's mind-boggling lmfao! Have you taken part in any essay comps? What tips would you give? The question this year is 'What responsibilities in connection with the environment and sustainability, if any, should the law assign to owners and to occupiers of land?' Do you have a set structure I could use in relation to this qs? For example, what to establish in the intro, main body and conc. I would appreciate it massively!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending