The Student Room Group

AQA A Level History Paper 2 (options A to T) 7042/2O - 10 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bobthebuildery
Thank you so much! I just finished my mocks and got an A in history, literally 2 marks from an A*. I do democracy and nazism and Stuart Britain. I do crusades for my coursework. Hopefully I can secure an A* this time next year! I hope the same for you! You’ve worked incredibly hard. Enjoy your break :smile:

Well done that’s really good!! And thank you I can’t wait for a levels to be over lol.
Hopefully you’re predicted an A* for UCAS if your predictions are based off your mocks. Keep working hard and past papers are your best friend. Bang out as many as possible especially because source structure changes from AS to a level so try and look over that in the summer just to get ahead- reading examiners reports would be the best way to do this tbh.
well done so far and enjoy your break too :smile:
Original post by Bobthebuildery
Also if you can remember, what was the third source about??

I mentioned in a previous post that it was quite confusing and I think @hamlethoratio is right. But from what I remember it was from one of the SPD leading members trying to reassure Germans that the sparcists uprising wouldn’t succeed and the new republic army would help protect Germany. At least that’s what I took from it but nailing source questions is really important like I said before
Original post by Anonymous #289
Completely agree.

Also Source C was so odd and source B was a bit too with talks of a counter revolution and then a revolution as well! So weird I just tried to use whatever knowledge I had. But I agree- it’s hard to nail source questions because you have to be really careful with how you interpret it and that only comes with practice.

Yeah same I think source A was quite nice (but even then I found myself drawing upon some odd knowledge haha) but source B and C were a lot more confusing and personally I had to read it so many times.

Definitely and I hope I interpreted that source correctly but I read it a few times so hopefully! :smile:
I mentioned in a previous post that it was quite confusing and I think @hamlethoratio is right. But from what I remember it was from one of the SPD leading members trying to reassure Germans that the sparcists uprising wouldn’t succeed and the new republic army would help protect Germany. At least that’s what I took from it but nailing source questions is really important like I said before

Ooo we interpreted in the same way so that’s a good sign haha!
Original post by hamlethoratio
Ooo we interpreted in the same way so that’s a good sign haha!

Yeah that definitely is good to hear
Yeah same I think source A was quite nice (but even then I found myself drawing upon some odd knowledge haha) but source B and C were a lot more confusing and personally I had to read it so many times.

Definitely and I hope I interpreted that source correctly but I read it a few times so hopefully! :smile:

Yeah same here I had to read source C quite a few times lol. Hopefully we both did well.
All I care about is getting at least an A so I can get into uni
I also did the foreign policy question but argued foreign policy was very successful and based points on the policy of fulfilment- Stresemann did strengthen Germany's international poisition
Source A was good, source B was okay but I did not like source C wasn't clear.
But that is history done forever now and it is what it is. Hopefully we all did well!

for me I really liked source A and C - I thought source C was a gov speech trying to stop ppl from supporting the Spartacist Uprising? I also did not like source B :/
Yeah i'm lowkey really glad history is over and done with so I can focus on the rest of A-Levels now haha
Yeah same here I had to read source C quite a few times lol. Hopefully we both did well.
All I care about is getting at least an A so I can get into uni

Hopefully! Same I need an A as well haha. My paper 1 was good I think so I’m hoping it’s ok.
Original post by bhavreads
for me I really liked source A and C - I thought source C was a gov speech trying to stop ppl from supporting the Spartacist Uprising? I also did not like source B :/
Yeah i'm lowkey really glad history is over and done with so I can focus on the rest of A-Levels now haha

I saw source C as both encouraging the people that the government can put down the uprising but also trying to get their support as it said that thing about the working class uniting against the communists (I did those as my two content points)

Source A was my favourite, I quite liked source B but it was a bit weird.
I saw source C as both encouraging the people that the government can put down the uprising but also trying to get their support as it said that thing about the working class uniting against the communists (I did those as my two content points)

Source A was my favourite, I quite liked source B but it was a bit weird.

Yeah I used source C to highlight how the gov was dependent on both the army and the people for survival (e.g. trying to emphasise how the 'gov' has the army and that they will provide stability) - i also talked about how they addressed workers, citizens, soldiers - e.g massive chunk of population that is being targeted by the spartacists!
but I think the exam went decently so I'm not too stressed - the only thing I'm a little worried abt is the source provenance as I didn't talk abt tone much but I tried talking abt everything else
You could reference the tone and the way they talked about the Spartacists due to the fact the Constituent Assembly elections was two days later - they wanted to gain support
Original post by bhavreads
Yeah I used source C to highlight how the gov was dependent on both the army and the people for survival (e.g. trying to emphasise how the 'gov' has the army and that they will provide stability) - i also talked about how they addressed workers, citizens, soldiers - e.g massive chunk of population that is being targeted by the spartacists!
but I think the exam went decently so I'm not too stressed - the only thing I'm a little worried abt is the source provenance as I didn't talk abt tone much but I tried talking abt everything else

That sounds good and I’m glad you’re not stressed! Tone isn’t very important so do :smile:

For source c, I talked about the government response to the spartacist uprising, so like the 8 days of heavy fighting in Berlin and the execution of Luxembourg and Liebknecht. Then I talked about the divisions between the workers and the KPD and discussed stuff to do with the general working class strikes and some stats there and how the KPD wouldn’t gather as much support for their own political uprisings.

I talked about the ‘workers, citizens, soldiers!’ as patriotic tone as I was saying in my provenance analysis that the nature of the source being a speech could be a propaganda exercise and an attempt to gain support for the government as opposed to reflecting true governmental strengths.
Original post by Anonymous123435
You could reference the tone and the way they talked about the Spartacists due to the fact the Constituent Assembly elections was two days later - they wanted to gain support

That’s impressive you knew the exact date haha. I just knew both were in January! Tbh I was worried when I came out that maybe it wasn’t the spartacist uprising as I didn’t know the exact date but thank god it was!
I did reference the elections - I said that people did want an end to spartacist uprising and peace (there was a few quotes about the end of bloodshed) - I said there was an 83% turnout with over 70% voting in favour of pro-democracy parties!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending