The Student Room Group

AMA: I am an exaggerated stereotype of a TSR user

Go on.
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

how many gcses did you take? :h:
Reply 2
14. Which was depressing as someone else my year took 15. For some reason my school wouldn't allow it. Mum went to several meetings on my behalf.
do you work at a paintball site separated from the sea by a strip of sand dunes ?

:holmes:
Reply 4
Original post by the bear
do you work at a paintball site separated from the sea by a strip of sand dunes ?

:holmes:

I've never had a job. Don't need one lol. I'd go there on dad funded holiday though.
Reply 5
Were you accepted to both Cambridge and Oxford for undergraduate?
Are you an esteemed child prodigy of academia? :colonhash:

Also... are you an incel who posts multiple times a day?
(edited 2 years ago)
Are you concerned about the rankings your chosen universities are currently at?
Reply 9
Original post by Sinnoh

A person who calls themselves 'I am so academic' and has Durham universities logo as a profile picture is an Oxbridge reject, I am certain of it.
I absolutely do not know them personally, why on earth would I fraternize with a person who hasn't or won't attend Oxford?
Reply 10
Original post by penguingirl18
Were you accepted to both Cambridge and Oxford for undergraduate?

Intelligence and the certainty that comes with it that one will be admitted to read at both universities allows one to look beyond them as being a quintessentially linked pair.
I only applied to Oxford. Cambridge just isn't on par. Imagine admitting someone into a supposed top university who wasn't even able to pass their GCSE. Imagine how demotivating and insulting it would be to know that a classmate had only got say 4A* and the rest Bs.
#FreeOxfordfromtheBRIDGE
#DuuuuurBRIDGE.
Reply 11
Original post by 04MR17
Are you concerned about the rankings your chosen universities are currently at?

Not at all.
Original post by Alicecrom
Not at all.

You fail at being a stereotype TSR user, then.

(This is a good thing.)
Reply 13
Original post by skylark2
You fail at being a stereotype TSR user, then.

(This is a good thing.)

I am not concerned about the current ranking of my university because it's Oxford. If it where anything but that, even Duuuuurbridge, I would be extremely concerned. I think you'll find that to be consistent with an extreme stereotype.
Are you applying for/ have you applied for medicine?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Mesopotamian.
Are you applying for/ have you applied for medicine?

That's probably going to be my next destination after I've finished my jurisprudence degree. One tragedy of our education system is the lack of intercelerated qualifying law degrees.
Ultimately, alongside being a practicing medic and a QC, I also want to be involved with the higher levels of the BMA and perhaps HEE.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Alicecrom
I am not concerned about the current ranking of my university because it's Oxford. If it where anything but that, even Duuuuurbridge, I would be extremely concerned. I think you'll find that to be consistent with an extreme stereotype.

I hope you're not studying mathematics; Cambridge is clearly ranked higher. Although I suppose if you were the ultimate achiever, you'd be at MIT. :biggrin:
https://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/university-subject-rankings/2021/mathematics
Why don’t you have 12 gems?
What grades did you get at GCSE and in what year?
Reply 19
Original post by penguingirl18
I hope you're not studying mathematics; Cambridge is clearly ranked higher. Although I suppose if you were the ultimate achiever, you'd be at MIT. :biggrin:
https://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/university-subject-rankings/2021/mathematics

Oxford will come out top on a league table or I am afraid to say that it is biased. I am not a mathematician but I could have quite easily gone down that route.
:angry:

Quick Reply

Latest