The Student Room Group

Bodleian

Hi everyone,
I am a Bodleian reader but have never actually been to the libraries because I feel nervous/a bit intimidated.

For my research I need to now go in to access some material online that is only available onsite. Out of the old bod, Radcliffe camera and Taylor which is quietest/most welcoming? How does it work, do I just go in and find an empty seat?

Thanks in advance
Reply 1
Yes, you just scan your reader card upon entry and find any empty seat. The rad cam and old bod are almost always very busy though.

If you want somewhere quiet, I would recommend the gladstone link that connects the old bod and rad cam, especially if you go down to the lower floor. Not a lot of people go there, but you do miss out on natural light. The subject libraries tend to be quieter.
Reply 2
Original post by 1347
Yes, you just scan your reader card upon entry and find any empty seat. The rad cam and old bod are almost always very busy though.

If you want somewhere quiet, I would recommend the gladstone link that connects the old bod and rad cam, especially if you go down to the lower floor. Not a lot of people go there, but you do miss out on natural light. The subject libraries tend to be quieter.

Thank you for your advice.
Reply 3
Original post by Georgiemars
Hi everyone,
I am a Bodleian reader but have never actually been to the libraries because I feel nervous/a bit intimidated.

For my research I need to now go in to access some material online that is only available onsite. Out of the old bod, Radcliffe camera and Taylor which is quietest/most welcoming? How does it work, do I just go in and find an empty seat?

Thanks in advance

Hey if you don’t mind me asking what are you researching into and what is the material that’s only available in the library sorry but I’m a bit curious

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending