The Student Room Group

CleverFrog? ThrivingFrog's A-Level Diary!

Welcome to my A-Level Diary!

As you may or may not know, I am thrivingfrog and will be sitting my A-Levels this year! I am taking Biology, Maths and Psychology (all AQA) and am hoping to get into Oxford! :woo: (please pray for me)

I am creating this because I know quite well that my time management and organisation skills are FAR from adequate, and I'm hoping that having a source of accountability will help me actually get my head down and revive RevisingFrog from year 11, because that era quickly disappeared in year 12 :colondollar:

My current predicted grades are A*AA, but I am hoping to get this up to A*A*A with some bribery and hard work :u:

Now time to crack on and release my inner academic weapon!

Scroll to see replies

I'll be a RevisingFlower and you can be a RevisingFrog :flower2:
Posting to follow! :woo:
Original post by thrivingfrog

As you may or may not know, I am thrivingfrog and will be sitting my A-Levels this year! I am taking Biology, Maths and Psychology (all AQA) and am hoping to get into Oxford! :woo: (please pray for me)

I am creating this because I know quite well that my time management and organisation skills are FAR from adequate, and I'm hoping that having a source of accountability will help me actually get my head down and revive RevisingFrog from year 11, because that era quickly disappeared in year 12 :colondollar:

My current predicted grades are A*AA, but I am hoping to get this up to A*A*A with some bribery and hard work :u:

All the best for your Oxford application.

Good on you for taking steps to develop good habits in relation to studying. I’m sure that this will pay off and your efforts will translate to a brilliant set of results.

So how exactly are you planning to bribe your teachers?
Good luck, thrivingfrog! 😁
Original post by TypicalNerd
All the best for your Oxford application.

Good on you for taking steps to develop good habits in relation to studying. I’m sure that this will pay off and your efforts will translate to a brilliant set of results.

So how exactly are you planning to bribe your teachers?

Thanks! :smile:
The current plan is to just explain why I'm wanting a higher grade and how I've shown that I'm capable of it. If that doesn't work, malteasers
Original post by flowersinmyhair
I'll be a RevisingFlower and you can be a RevisingFrog :flower2:

100% :biggrin:

Original post by 5hyl33n
Good luck, thrivingfrog! 😁

Thank youuu :woo:
How is yr13 currently treating you lmfao
Original post by harlz_chalamet
How is yr13 currently treating you lmfao

Well I only started today but I am SO TIRED it's insane. I also have a test on Monday and another in 3 weeks, so honestly not exactly nicely 💀
Thanks! :smile:
The current plan is to just explain why I'm wanting a higher grade and how I've shown that I'm capable of it. If that doesn't work, malteasers

PRSOM

Malteasers sound like a good bribe imo. I’d also say something along the lines of it’ll help your Oxford application and if it works out, it’ll look really good for the school.
Well I only started today but I am SO TIRED it's insane. I also have a test on Monday and another in 3 weeks, so honestly not exactly nicely 💀

FR they’re talking about mocks already like let me BREATHE people
Original post by harlz_chalamet

FR they’re talking about mocks already like let me BREATHE people

No actually because why am I stressing after 1 day it's ridiculous
No actually because why am I stressing after 1 day it's ridiculous

It is rather ridiculous, but at least you have (hopefully) had plenty of warning and will get your chance to show your teachers that you deserve A* A* A predictions at least.
Oxford I see... :colondollar:
PRSOM

Malteasers sound like a good bribe imo. I’d also say something along the lines of it’ll help your Oxford application and if it works out, it’ll look really good for the school.

That's a terrible reason - a good school celebrates every student
Original post by Saracen's Fez
Oxford I see... :colondollar:

Hey, we can all dream :rofl:

It is rather ridiculous, but at least you have (hopefully) had plenty of warning and will get your chance to show your teachers that you deserve A* A* A predictions at least.

Depends what you'd class as plenty of warning, if you mean a grand total of 4 days then maybe not. And yeah these are both points that I'll be making

Which degree? Please DO NOT pressure your teachers - they may be accountable for the grades you get

Schools which over-predict get known ...
Original post by Muttley79
That's a terrible reason - a good school celebrates every student

Fair point and I agree. Though I have known a handful of teachers to give generous predictions, claiming that it is to give oxbridge applicants the best chances possible.
Fair point and I agree. Though I have known a handful of teachers to give generous predictions, claiming that it is to give oxbridge applicants the best chances possible.

They aren't very professional then and such schools get 'known'. Predicting grades people aren't going to get helps no-one. They end up in clearing and struggling to get accommodation

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending